How to Register a Labor Complaint with the Indian Consulate?

There are a good number of populations of Indians expatriates in Saudi Arabia. Indian workers are facing problems within their jobs and dispute with employers. An Indian employee having a problem during his service or jobs can get help from the community consulate welfare wing and from the labor courts to get a relief of his problems.

Filing a case in the Labor Office directly: A worker from all the professions who are facing problems or grievance in their jobs can contact the labor courts. The worker can apply for the remedy directly by filing a complaint in the court or through counsel “Register a Case against Sponsor in Labor Office”.  The court provides a remedy for their problems.

Filing a case in the Labor Office through the Consulate: Labor courts which are under the jurisdiction of Consulate of India, in Jeddah are as follows; The following are the people who can file complain in the labor courts against the job-related problems within the local area of their workplace.

1-Domestic counsels and any other person like them

2-People working on a ship or boat with the cargo of not more than 500 tons

3-Those rural workers are also not included who are not working in any processing unit having more than 10 employees or produce their own goods.

4-Employees who are engaged for a task and the period of service is not more than 60 days

A Special Department for Indian Workers: In Jeddah, A special department has been instituted by the Ministry of Labor’s public Affairs in Saudi Arabia. All Indian domestic workers such as housemaids, drivers, Shepherds, and farm workers who have a problem with their employers can contact this office for the relief and justice for their problem.

The special office files the complaint with proper documentation. The documents must attach to the complaint are a copy of their work agreement, Passport Copy, Iqama (Resident Permit) Copy, address and telephone number of the Kafeel (Sponsors/Employer). The petition should be in Arabic.

Domestic Workers from India: At present, this office is available only at Jeddah and not in places outside Jeddah under the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Makkah Region. All the worker falls under the category of domestic worker who is not able to approach labor court can contact this office on any day other than a holiday.

They apply for the remedy of their work based problems in the said office personally or through counsel with all the required documents and neatly typed petition in Arabic.

Neogotions: The authorities of the Community Welfare Wing try to solve the worker’s problems through negotiations with the sponsor or employer for an agreement.

If no agreement or settlement results through the negotiation, the worker is directed to move toward the Labor Court where Interpreter’s services are made accessible by the Consulate free of cost to allow him to pursue his case in the court.

The coordinate of the Office is given below: Office of the Domestic Worker’s Committee, the Director of Welfare & Guidance, Consultant of Training & Social Research, near Al Hamra (formerly Sofitel) hotel, Jeddah. Telephone No. 6616688, Fax: 6653238, Cell: 0504658803

Source: Consulate General of India, Jeddah


For the latest updates, you can join our ✅WhatsApp group or ☑️ Telegram Channel.

Never pay the full price🏷️; join the 📢Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.