Can a visit visa holder perform Hajj?

Visit visa holders in Saudi Arabia often ask if they can perform Hajj. Unfortunately, the answer is not a simple “yes” or “no”.

Can a visit visa holder perform Hajj?

Generally, people on a family visit visa are not allowed to perform Hajj. For example, a father, mother, or children who are visit visa holders cannot perform Hajj through local hajj registration in Saudi Arabia.

However, we have seen cases before COVID-19 when Hajj permits were issued to wives on a visit visa on an exceptional basis. In other words, it was not allowed for parents and children but for spouses.

We have explained the process of taking a Hajj permit on a visit visa which was valid before COVID-19 but keep in mind that a lot has changed since then. Therefore, you can try your luck if you want.

Can a visit visa holder perform Hajj?

Getting a Hajj Tasreeh on a Visit Visa

There are 3 requirements to initiate this process;

  • The Husband is an Iqama holder.
  • He is inside Saudi Arabia.
  • The wife is a visit visa holder.
  1. Permission from the Jawazat

Before you book for the Hajj, you need to visit the Jawazat and inform them about the person who wants to get a Hajj permit on a visit visa. You will have to convince the officer to allow you to perform Hajj together.

For example, the wife is in India and the husband works here. How in the god’s name she can perform hajj without a mahram. He cannot come on a Hajj visa because he is already a Saudi resident. This option was created specifically to handle such situations.

It is important to mention here that if you are not able to convince the Jawazat officer to get permission, you cannot move further. You can take the GRO of your company to facilitate you if you are not good at speaking Arabic.

  1. Book for Hajj

If the Jawazat officer is convinced, they will make an exception in their system with the border number under which the visit visa holder entered Saudi Arabia.

  • Once they created an exception in their system, you can book hajj like any other resident.
  • Instead of entering the Iqama number, you will use the border number and visa issue date while booking.
  • You will have to pay for the Hajj just like any other normal package.
  1. Get the Hajj permit

After making the payment of the fee, once the confirmation is received from the Ministry of Hajj, you will have to visit Jawazat again.

Although residents can print their Hajj tasreeh through the Abshir system, visit visa holders will have to get their hajj permit from the Jawazat.

For the latest updates, you can join our ✅WhatsApp group or ☑️ Telegram Channel.

Never pay the full price🏷️; join the 📢Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.