Table of Contents
You can visit Jeddah and perform Umrah on a 72-hour transit visa of Saudi Arabia by booking the Saudi Airlines ticket and paying the due fee.
On the basis of 72-hour transit visa from Saudi Airlines, people get out of Jeddah Airport and go to perform Umrah and probably this is one of the reasons it is also called Jeddah transit visa. Jeddah and Makkah are on a distance of 1-hour drive.
Do I need a Saudi Transit Visa?
It is very important to mention here that you will have to apply for a 72-hour transit visa if your stay at the airport in Jeddah, Riyadh or any other city of Saudi Arabia is of more than 12 hours. If your stay is more than 12 hours and you don’t have a visa, immigration authorities in your country will not even allow you to board the plane.
However, there are some nationalities which can get visa-free entry or an on-arrival visa to Saudi Arabia and they don't have to apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia.
Who can apply for the transit visa of Saudi Arabia?
- Women cannot apply for a Saudi transit visa alone if someone from their Mahram relatives is not traveling with them.
- These visas are not issued during Ramadan and Hajj season.
- Although the transit visa is open to all nationalities. It is unlikely to be accepted from Pakistan unless you have a good reason to prove that you will not overstay in Saudi Arabia.
- Similarly, Saudi Arabia transit visa for Indian citizens is issued after strict scrutiny.
How to Apply for a Saudi Transit Visa?
Payment of fee
First of all, you will have to submit an application and make payment to apply for a 72-hour transit visa of Saudi Arabia fee online. Just open the website from this link and select “Individuals” > “Visa Services” > “Application for Visa from Saudi Mission Abroad” apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia. https://enjazit.com.sa/Enjaz/PersonServices
After that, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions on two pages. Just click on the button “Agree” as we always do with the terms and conditions apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia.
- On the next page, you will have to enter all your details in it along with a picture of 200 X 200 size.
- Select the type of visa as “Transit Visa”.
- After completing all the information in the application, you just need to click the “Save” button.
In the next step, you need to pay $10.5 as fee apply for a 72-hour Saudi transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia. Take a print of the last page of the visa application form where the application number of your visa is mentioned.
Update: It has been published in Saudi news channels that the fee for a transit visa has been increased to SR 300.
Saudi Arabia transit visa requirements
You need to send all the below-mentioned requirements to apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia. We have provided transit visa requirements below.
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months
- Residence permits of the country from where you are applying. It is needed if you are not applying from your national country.
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- A Saudi Visa questionnaire filled out and signed
- Declaration of Saudi laws signed
- Booking of the ticket confirming your stay over in Saudi Arabia
- Print of the visa application submitted through Enjaz
Mail all the documents to the Saudi Embassy
In the next step apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia, you have to mail the documents to the Saudi Embassy in your country.
However, I would suggest you not to mail but personally visit the Saudi Embassy in your country and submit your application there so that they can be accountable for it. The officer there will ask you the reason to visit Saudi Arabia and you will have to tell him the reason. Generally, it takes a week to process the visa.
Questions asked by the Saudi Embassy
There is a rare possibility that the Embassy or the Consulate to whom you have submitted the application for 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia might call you to ask about a few questions. Normally, they ask the following questions before making the decision to grant or refuse a visa;
- Why are you going to Saudi Arabia? Don’t say that you want to perform Umrah otherwise, your application will be immediately rejected as he would ask you to apply for an Umrah visa.
- Why haven't you booked the ticket from Saudi Airlines? In case you have booked a ticket from an airline other than Saudi Airlines to apply for a 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia, get ready to answer the question. A logical answer is that you found the ticket from that airline very cheap.
- How long are you going to stay in Saudi Arabia? The answer should be 1 or 2 days even if you are planning to stay for the full 72 hours.
Collect your Passport from the Saudi Embassy
Although they say that it will take 7 days to process 72-hour transit visa to visit Jeddah or any other city of Saudi Arabia but it is better to go after 3,4 days of the deadline to avoid any problem.
Overstay in Saudi Arabia
I hope you will get it very easily. If the visa has been processed, you should take care of some points. Don’t even think to overstay in Saudi Arabia for a single hour. You will have to pay $750 per overstayed day in Saudi Arabia.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.