Table of Contents
You can apply for a Saudi transit visa for either 48 hours or 96 hours and perform Umrah easily. If your stay in Saudi Arabia is more than 12 hours, the immigration authorities will not issue you a boarding pass without a Saudi transit visa.
Who needs to apply for the Saudi transit visa?
- People who can enjoy visa-free entry to Saudi Arabia do not need this visa.
- Women cannot apply for a Saudi transit visa alone if someone from their Mahram relatives is not traveling with them.
- These visas are not issued during Ramadan and Hajj season.
- The transit visa is open for all nationalities.
Requirements for Saudi Transit Visa
Here is the list of requirements to be submitted to the Saudi Embassy/Consulate to apply for a transit visa.
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months
- Residence permits of the country from where you are applying.
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- A Saudi Visa questionnaire filled out and signed
- Declaration of Saudi laws signed
- Booking of the ticket confirming your stay over in Saudi Arabia
- Print of the visa application submitted through Enjaz
How to Apply for a Saudi Transit Visa?
First of all, you will have to submit an application and pay the fee for the Saudi Transit Visa.
- Open this website https://enjazit.com.sa/Enjaz/PersonServices
- select “Individuals”
- Click on “Visa Services”
- Select “Application for Visa from Saudi Mission Abroad”
- Now agree to the terms and conditions on two pages.
- On the next page, you will have to enter all your details in it along with a picture of 200 X 200 size.
- Select the type of visa as “Transit Visa”.
- After completing all the information in the application, click the “Save” button.
- The fee to apply for a 48 hours transit visa is SR 100.
- The fee to apply for a 96 hours transit visa is SR 300.
Visit the Saudi Embassy
In the next step, you have to visit the Saudi Embassy in your country and submit your application there. If you are applying for a visa for your wife and children, they don't need to accompany you. The Visa officer might ask the following questions;
- Why are you going to Saudi Arabia? Don’t say that you want to perform Umrah.
- Why haven't you booked the ticket from Saudi Airlines?
- How long are you going to stay in Saudi Arabia?
Generally, it takes a week to process the visa.
Collect your Passport
Although they say that it will take 7 days to process the Saudi transit visa but it is better to go after 3,4 days of the deadline to avoid any problem.