Table of Contents
Do you know how much cash and gold is allowed to carry from Saudi Arabia to India, Pakistan, the Philippines, or any other country? Taking an extra SR 10 above the gold and cash carry limit can land you in jail.
How much Cash & Gold can I carry from Saudi Arabia?
- Cash and Gold carrying limit from Saudi Arabia: SR 60,000 / trip.
- The value of gold and cash together should not exceed SR 60,000.
- The limit is assigned to the whole family traveling together.
According to Article 23 of the Anti-Money Laundering Law issued by Royal Decree (M / 20) dated 5/2/1439 H, if you are taking cash more than SR 60,000 from Saudi Arabia, you are required to declare it to Saudi Customs.
Cash & Gold Carrying Limit from Saudi Arabia to India
Carrying gold jewelry to India
Although Saudi Arabia allows you to carry gold coins and bars within the limit of SR 60,000, it is not allowed by the authorities in India.
- Indian female is allowed to carry gold jewelry worth INR 100,000 which translates into around SR 4,888.
- Indian men are allowed to carry gold jewelry worth INR 50,000 which translates into around SR 2,444.
In case you are a family of a couple and 2 boys and 1 daughter, you can carry gold jewelry worth INR 350,000.
Carrying gold coins and bars to India
According to Indian law, you can only carry gold jewelry, not gold coins or bars. If you carry gold coins or bars, all of them will be subject to a customs duty of 10.3%.
Carrying Cash from Saudi Arabia to India
Although you can take SR 60,000 of cash from Saudi Arabia, if the value exceeds $5,000, you are required to disclose it to the Indian customs authorities.
How much cash can I carry to Saudi Arabia?
On the other hand, if you want to carry cash or gold to Saudi Arabia, you need to check the rules of the country you are traveling from.
- Cash and gold carry limit from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia: $10,000.
- Cash and gold carry limit from India to KSA: $5,000.
- Cash and gold carry limit from the Philippines to KSA: $10,000.
How to declare cash and gold to Saudi Customs?
If you want to carry gold and cash exceeding SR 60,000 from Saudi Arabia, you need to declare it to the customs authorities. In order to do it;
- You can download the Saudi Customs application for the declaration.
- Otherwise, download the form from this link.
- Submit this form to Saudi Customs at the airport.
- The Saudi customs officer may ask you different questions about it.
- If required, you have to prove that the money in your possession is legally earned in Saudi Arabia.
If you fail to make such a declaration, it will be treated as you are carrying cash illegally.
What if you do not declare?
In case you do not declare carrying more than SR 60,000 gold and cash, the authorities will;
- Seize the entire amount.
- Impose a fine of 25% of the seized value for the first time.
- Impose a fine of 50% of the seized value for repeated violations.
- Start investigating the source of funds.
- Source: Saudi Gazette
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.