Table of Contents
Once your family arrives in Saudi Arabia on a permanent family visa, you need to follow the procedure to apply for Iqama for all your dependents.
Make one PDF file of all the below-mentioned documents required in the family iqama procedure for all your dependents after their arrival in Saudi Arabia;
- Medical Insurance from the same company as the family head.
- Pay the Dependent Fee. The stay for the first 90 days is free, after that you need to pay the dependent fee at SR 400/dependent/month.
- Iqama + Passport copy of the sponsor.
- Pictures of each dependent.
- Passport copies of the dependents.
- Saudi Visa copies of dependents.
- Passport page with the arrival stamp.
- Passport page where the border number is written.
It is worth noting that there is no dependent fee for the first 90 days of the arrival of family members in Saudi Arabia. It means that the dependent fee will be paid till your iqama expiry date minus 90 days.
Step 1: Apply for Family Iqama
Once you have the PDF file ready, you need to log in to your Absher account https://www.absher.sa/.
- Click on the “Services” tab under “My Services”.
- Select the “Passports” option.
- Click on the “Tawasul“.
On the next screen, click on the “New Request” button.
On this screen, select the following settings to apply for the Iqama for dependents in Saudi Arabia.
- Change the page language to Arabic.
- Sector: خدمات للمقيمين داخل المملكة
- Service: إضافة – فصل تابع.
- Request Description: Write the border number of all dependents. In the case of a daughter above 18 years, write in the description that she is not married.
- Attachment: Attach the PDF file you have created before.
- You can use an online PDF compressor to reduce its size.
- The name of the PDF file should be one word only without any space.
Special character not allowed: Remove all the (. ! ?, ‘ “ etc) special characters and you should be good to go.
Step 2: Print the Iqama
Finally, you will receive one message on your phone stating our request has been answered. The next step in the process of family Iqama procedure;
- Log in to your Absher account https://www.absher.sa/.
- Click on the “General Services“.
- Select “Passports“.
- Click on the “Tawasul” service.
- Select “Inquire for Requests“.
If your request is accepted, you can visit the Jawazat office to get the print of the Iqama along with the following documents;
- The print of the Tawasul request.
- All the above-mentioned documents.
- Book Jawazat Appointment with the service: Resident Services.
Correction: Check the details like name etc. on the iqama. If the name or religion etc. is wrong, then there is another counter for the correction.
Iqama for Sponsorees
After getting the job in Saudi Arabia, if your spouse and children have traveled with you without applying for a permanent family visa,
- Children will be registered as your dependents.
- Spouse as a sponsoree.
In this case, you will have to pay additional fee before proceeding with the Iqama issuance;
- SR 2,000 fee for the visa issuance for dependents.
- SR 500 as an Iqama issuance fee for the sponsored.
Pay Iqama Issuance fee
In order to pay the fee new Iqama issuance fee using SNB bankl
- Download the Application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on “SADAD“.
- Select “Government Payments & Refunds“.
- Biller: Alien Control.
- Service: Issue New Iqama.
- Enter Border Number.
- Employer ID: Iqama number of the family head.
- Iqama duration: 12 months.
- Job Category: Relatives (Family Visa).
Fine for the late issuance of Iqama
- There is no fee for the family Iqama or correction of information.
- However, you will have to pay SR 1,000 fine if Iqama is not processed within 3 months.