Table of Contents
In order to pass Fahas, you need to visit your nearest motor vehicle periodic inspection (MVPI) center. In this article, we have explained the procedure to get Fahas and shared the location, timings and working hours of MVPI Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, and Khobar.
Fahas or MVPI stands for Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection which is a requirement to drive a vehicle on roads in Saudi Arabia.
Check Fahas validity
You can check the Fahas validity by looking at the expiry date on the MVPI certificate or by looking at the sticker placed on the windshield of your car.
As per article 26 of traffic rules, the motor vehicle periodic inspection or Fahas for brand new cars is required after 3 years of registration.
Although Saudi Arabia has modernized and made many things online by launching public portals but as of today, there is no way to check Fahas validity or MVPI status online.
How to pass the Fahas or MVPI Test?
Wash your vehicle
Before going to the MVPI center, you should wash your vehicle. Special attention should be given to wash the vehicle from beneath. Make sure you wash out all oil leakage spots.
Locate the Center
Locate the nearest MVPI center to perform Fahas in your city. We have shared the locations of some of the motor vehicle periodic inspection centers in major cities of Saudi Arabia.
- MVPI Riyadh Dammam Branch Road: Map Location
- Fahas Riyadh Dirab Road: Map Location
- MVPI Dammam or Fahas Dammam: Map Location
- MVPI Jeddah or Fahas Jeddah: Map Location
It is important to mention here that the Fahas or MVPI Jeddah situated on the intersection of Hira Street and Prince Metab Street has closed down. The location shared above is the new location of MVPI Jeddah.
The working hours or timings of the MVPI test center vary on weekdays and weekends.
- The timings of the Fahas center from Sunday to Thursday: 7:00 am to 4:15 pm
- The working hours of the MVPI center on Saturday: 7:00 am to 2:15 pm
Now take your vehicle to motor vehicle periodic inspection center you have located. Upon your turn, you will have to present the following documents;
- Istimara (Vehicle Registration)
- Driving License
You cannot assign anyone else to do the job as only the owner of the car can do it.
- The Fahas fee for Small Vehicles is SR 73 and the re-inspection fee is SR 24
- The MVPI fee for Small Bus or Small Truck is SR 96 and the re-inspection fee is SR 29
- The Fahas fee for Medium Bus or Medium Truck is SR 141 and the re-inspection fee is SR 42
- The MVPI fee for Large Bus or Large Truck is SR 205 and the re-inspection fee is SR 62
- The Fahas fee for Motor Cycle is SR 35 and the re-inspection fee is SR 12
Vehicle Inspection Area
Now you will go towards the vehicle inspection area. Here the staff of the inspection center will ask you to get out of the vehicle and the vehicle will go through the process of inspection.
- It is a manual inspection process and you would be able to see your vehicle at different stages.
- The next step is to go to the Technical Support Center of the Inspection Center.
Passing the test
If your vehicle clears the test, a sticker will be placed on your car. You can get the Fahas certificate from the person sitting in the technical support center and leave the place.
The Reason for Failure
If your vehicle does not clear the MVPI test, the official will give you a paper (shown below) and circle all the reasons which caused the rejection. Just take the paper and come out of the vehicle inspection center.
Now take the vehicle along with the rejection paper to any mechanic and get your car fixed.
You can go back by paying the re-inspection fee within two weeks of the initial rejection. They will test only those parts which they have highlighted while re-inspecting the vehicle.
The fine for an expired Fahas
If a traffic police officer catches you with an expired Fahas, he may charge SR 150 fine.
Useful Tips to pass Fahas
Some people suggest that it is better to go to a mechanic first before going for the Fahas test. Well, if your objective is just to pass the MVPI test, don’t do it.
Your mechanic will change even those parts of your vehicle which are not required to be on the safe side. It will obviously cost you a lot. Do what I have suggested to you in the above paragraphs to fix the issue.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.