Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ is the Angel of Allah Almighty who used to bring down revelations to prophets. However, there are certain facts related to him about which we are not familiar with.
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ has 600 wings
One of the hadiths relates that the angel was blessed with as many as 600 wings. Sahih al-Bukhari 3232
He looked like a Sahabi Rasool Dehya ibn Kalbi
People often wonder how does Jibrail looks like? Hazrat Jibrail resembled Dehya ibn Kalbi رضي الله عنه.
Narrated Abu `Uthman: I was informed that Jibrail came to the Prophet ﷺ while Um Salama was with him. Jibrail started talking (to the Prophet). Then the Prophet (ﷺ) asked Um Salama, “Who is this?” She replied, “He is Dihya (al-Kalbi).”
When Jibrail had left, Um Salama said, “By Allah, I did not take him for anybody other than him (i.e. Dihya) till I heard the sermon of the Prophet (ﷺ) wherein he informed about the news of Jibrail.” The sub-narrator asked Abu `Uthman: From whom have you heard that? Abu `Uthman said: From Usama bin Zaid. Sahih al-Bukhari 4980
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Prophet Ibrahim
When the Prophet Ibrahim عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ was thrown into the fire as a punishment for preaching Islam, the angel appeared and asked if the Prophet required help. The Prophet of Allah simply said that Allah is sufficient for him.
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Prophet Ismail
When the wife of Hazrat Ibrahim عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ, Hazrat Hajrah was left in the desert with their son Prophet Ismail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ, Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ came to help. Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ helped the child to tap his heels hard so that the water of Zamzam spurred.
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Hazrat Maryam
The Angel also came to Hazrat Maryam and gave her the great news of Hazrat Isa عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ. Maryam went towards east contemplate to live in seclusion. Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ came there and gave her the news that she would be blessed with a boy.
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Prophet Isa
Maryam’s son, Prophet Isa عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ was being hunched down by the people. The people wanted to kill him, so the Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ took him to Allah Almighty. A non-believer named Judas was then given looks of Isa and people killed him instead.
Hazrat Jibril عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
When Jibrail came down with the first revelation towards the Prophet ﷺ, he was sitting inside the cave of Hira. The Angel came in a human form, squeezed the Prophet firmly, and asked him to read.
Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ was also the guide of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. He would come down to teach the Prophet ﷺ the right way. The way he taught the Prophet ﷺ the Quran, he taught the Sunnah in a similar way.
Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ and Hazrat Ayesha
The modest angel Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ would not come towards the Holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺ when he used to rest in the lap of his wife Khadija رضي الله عنه. He would also not enter the room of the Prophet PBUH when Aisha رضي الله عنه was not fully covered.
Hazrat Jibrail appeared in front of Sahabas
It has been reported by Umar رضي الله عنه that one day a man came out from nowhere and sat next to the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. The man was dressed up in extremely white clothes and had extreme black hair. He asked the following two questions;
What is Islam?
He then put his knees against the knees of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ and placed his hand on his thighs and then asked the Prophet about Islam.
- The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ replied that Islam is a religion which testifies that none is to be worshiped except Allah Almighty: He alone is the One who shall be worshiped and the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ is the messenger of Allah, to establish and offer the prayers, to pay off the zakat, to keep fasts in the oh of Ramadan and to perform Hajj if one can.
- The man then astonished everyone by saying that Muhammad, you have spoken the truth.
What is Iman?
He then inquired from the Prophet that what Iman is.
- The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ replied that Iman is to have a belief in Allah, His books, His messengers, His Angels, to believe that the Day of Judgment will come and to believe in the good and evil divine decree.
- He then exclaimed that Muhammad you have spoken the truth.
What are the signs of the final hour?
- The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ replied that neither the one who is asking knows more than the one who is being asked. So the man asked about the signs.
- The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ disclosed that a female slave shall be giving birth to her master; poor shepherds who would be without shoes, poorly dressed in insufficient clothes shall be constructing great buildings.
He then left saying that he had stayed for quite a time.
The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ asked Omer that does he know that who the man was. Omer replied that the messenger of Allah knows the best. The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ then revealed that it was Hazrat Jibrail عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ who had came to teach them about the religion Islam. – Sahih al-Bukhari 50
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.