Table of Contents
Many Muslims don’t know that there is a special way and Dua to drink ZamZam water? Here are the 6 etiquettes.
Dua for drinking ZamZam water
Ibn Abbas رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ used to recite the following dua while drinking ZamZam water.
- اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْمَاً نَافِعَاًً وَرِزْقَاً وَاسِعَاًَ وَشِفَاءً مِنْ كُلِّ دَاءٍ
- O Allah, I seek from You beneficial knowledge, wide sustenance, and healing from all ailments.
- Source: Al-Mustadrak 1739
- This water provides healing to those who seek to heal.
- Satisfies the hunger of those who are hungry and.
- Quenches the thirst of those who are hungry all if Allah wills.
Drink it while standing
It is the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ to drink ZamZam while standing.
Ibn Abbas رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ reported: I served ZamZam water to Prophet Muhammad ﷺ and he drank it while standing. – Sunan an-Nasa’i 2965
Ibn Abbas رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ explained that one should drink ZamZam while facing the Qiblah. – Sunan Ibn Majah 3061
Drink in 3 Gulps
Ibn Abbas رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ advised that one should drink ZamZam water in three gulps. – Sunan Ibn Majah 3061
Drink full of stomach
A man should drink as much of the water as he can and after that be grateful to Allah for giving him the opportunity of drinking this Holy Water from such a Holy Well.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: The sign (that differentiates) between us and the hypocrites is that they do not drink their fill from Zamzam. – Sunan Ibn Majah 3061
Make sure you follow up with the etiquettes of drinking ZamZam to avail the bounties bestowed upon us with the opportunity alone!