Table of Contents
Saudi Iqama holders and GCC residents are eligible to apply for an Egypt on-arrival visit visa for 30 days if they meet certain requirements. You can also apply for Egypt visit visa through their embassy/consulate.
Apply for Egypt Visa through Embassy
If you feel that you might not get an on-arrival visa as you do not meet one of the conditions specified below, you can apply for the visit visa through Egypt Embassy/Consulate in Saudi Arabia.
You need to submit the following required documents along with your application to Egypt Embassy/Consulate.
- Filled Application Form.
- Salary Certificate issued by the employer and duly attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Two photos with white background (6×4).
- 3 months bank statement.
- Exit Re-Entry Visa.
- Saudi Iqama with 6 months validity.
- Passport + passport copy (valid for at least 6 months).
- Confirmed Airline Ticket.
- Hotel Booking.
- For Pakistani nationals, the salary letter must be attested by the MOFA as well.
Visit the Embassy
Once you have arranged all the required documents, visit either Egypt Embassy in Riyadh or the Egypt consulate in Jeddah;
After the submission of documents, the visa officer will issue you a receipt mentioning the date when you can collect your passport. Normally, the Egypt visit visa processing time is one week from Saudi Arabia.
- Passport Collection Time starts at 2:00 pm.
- Source: Egypt Consulate.
Egypt on-arrival visa
Who can get it?
The residents of the following 6 GCC countries can get an on-arrival Egypt visa;
- Saudi Arabia.
- United Arab Emirates.
Moreover, passengers with valid and used visas from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the USA, the UK, and the Schengen states can also get the on-arrival visa.
It is important to remember that an on-arrival visit visa to Egypt is only available if a Saudi Iqama holder or GCC resident meets all of the below-mentioned requirements.
Many people have been deported so far from Cairo airport for not meeting the requirements.
- Suitable Iqama Profession (I know some doctors and accountants who got the visa).
- Passport with a minimum validity of 180 days.
- Saudi Iqama or GCC residence card with 6 months validity.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Hotel Booking for the entire stay in Egypt.
- Print of an exit reentry visa.
- At least $2,000 cash/credit card to bear the expenses of your stay in Egypt.
Visit Visa Fee
The fee for the Egypt on-arrival visa is $25 which must be paid in cash. Make sure you convert Saudi Riyals to USD before you leave Saudi Arabia for Egypt as the USD is exchanged at a very good rate with Egyptian Pounds.
- Egypt on-arrival visit visa validity: 30 days.
- Egypt on-arrival visit visa fee: $25.
The fee must be paid in cash. Make sure you convert Saudi Riyals to USD before you leave Saudi Arabia for Egypt as the USD is exchanged at a very good rate with Egyptian Pounds.