Table of Contents
What is Damm/Fidya?
Damm/Fidya is basically an Arabic word which refers to a sacrifice of the animal. The animal sacrifice is to be made according to the Islamic laws i.e. it should be a sacrifice of a goat or a sheep or cost paid for the seventh part of a large animal. People often ask a question about where to pay Damm or Fidya for violating a wajib act of Hajj or Umrah in Makkah, Saudi Arabia?
The laws of sacrificial animal of Damm/Fidya are the same as that of the sacrificial animal of Eid-ul-Adha with only one exception that you need to pay someone to perform it within the boundaries of Haram, Makkah.
When to pay Damm/Fidya in Makkah for Hajj/Umrah?
Damm/Fidya becomes obligatory for a Hajj or Umrah performer when he violates any wajib act. It is important to mention here that wajib acts of Hajj and Umrah are different. We have listed down 6 wajib acts of Hajj in this link.
In the same way, there are some wajib acts of Umrah as well which we have listed down in this link. Therefore, if you violate any of these wajib acts of Hajj or Umrah, you need to pay someone to perform Damm/Fidya in Makkah.
Where to pay Damm/Fidya in Makkah for Hajj/Umrah?
In order to perform Damm/Fidya, you need to pay someone to slaughter an animal within the boundaries of Haram, Makkah. I think you will have to go to the slaughterhouse in Makkah to do it yourself. There is another way established by the Saudi Government which allows you to pay to a website which does the entire process.
However, I believe the better way is to do it by visiting the slaughterhouse of Makkah and perform the damm yourself. Recommended: What are the boundaries of the Makkah Haram?
The government has launched a project with the name Adahi where you can pay Damm/Fidya in Makkah for Hajj/Umrah. They confirm you after slaughtering the animal that the Fidya has been performed. Still, a better way is to do it yourself.
Examples of actions that would make Damm/Fidya necessary
- Applying perfume while in the state of Ihram
- Applying henna while being in Ihram
- Men wearing stitched clothes while in the state of Ihram
- Men wearing shoes that cover the ankle and upper part of a foot while in the state of Ihram
- Women covering their face while in the state of Ihram
- Clipping nails while in the state of Ihram
- Shaving, cutting and trimming hair while in the state of Ihram
- Kissing or touching a person with sexual desire while in the state of Ihram
- Having sexual relationships while in the state of Ihram
- Hunting animal inside haram and while being in the state of Ihram
- Not performing a Wajib act
We recommend everyone to ask a scholar about any problem before taking any action relying upon this information.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.