Table of Contents
There are 4 ways to check Iqama Mehna or the status of change of Iqama profession i.e. by looking at the profession on Iqama card, online through Absher, and through internet banking.
The meaning of Mehna
The meaning of “Mehna” is the profession or job category. If somebody asks you about your Mehna, he is actually referring to your Iqama profession rather than your actual profession.
Article 38 of Saudi Labor Law forbids employers from employing workmen in a profession other than the one specified in his Iqama.
Iqama profession printed on the card
The job profession is one of the 12 details written on your Iqama and you can find it on the 8th line of the card as shown below. This is how the government officials check your Iqama profession during a raid.
Check Iqama Mehna through Absher
In order to check Iqama Mehna online through Absher;
- Log in to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on 3-dots in the upper right corner.
- Select “Dashboard” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, click on “More Details“.
- Here you can check your current Iqama profession under “Job Category“.
If you find your new profession here, it is a confirmation of the change of your Iqama profession status.
Check Iqama profession through Qiwa
You can also check your Iqama Mehna through Qiwa;
- Register yourself with the Qiwa platform.
- Log in to your Qiwa Individual account https://auth.qiwa.sa/en/sign-in
- Click on the “Individual Account“.
- You can find your Iqama profession on the next page.
Check Iqama profession through Al Ahli Bank
In order to check Iqama profession through SNB or Al Ahli bank online;
- Download the Application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Go to the menu and select the “Settings” option.
- Click on “ID Expiry Update“.
- You can check your Iqama Mehna written against “Occupation“.
- You can also update Iqama with NCB following this way.