Table of Contents
You can check the Nitaqat Status of your company or the Iqama color Red, Green, Yellow of your Kafeel through the Ministry of Labor website https://mol.gov.sa/.
- Requirement: Iqama number of an expat under Kafeel sponsorship.
Check Iqama Color Status (Red, Green, Yellow)
The first step to check the Nitaqat category of your company is to open the link;
- Enter Border Number.
- Iqama Number.
- Passport Number.
The following results of checking the iqama color status show that the Kafeel is in the average green category of Nitaqat.
The following results of checking the iqama color status show that the Kafeel is in the Red category of Nitaqat.
It is important to mention here that you cannot check the Iqama color status (red/green) of domestic workers and dependents as they are not registered with the Ministry of Labor.
What is the meaning of Iqama Color/Nitaqat?
In June 2011, the Saudi Ministry of Labor introduced Nitaqat Law for Saudization. The purpose of the law is to provide employment opportunities to Saudi nationals ahead of foreign expatriates.
- A company in Green means that it has a high saudization rate.
- The requirement of Saudization varies from industry to industry.
Green Nitaqat status means that;
- Visa processing for foreign workers will be easier.
- If some employee is in the Red category, an employer with the Green category will be able to transfer their sponsorship without permission of their Kafeel.
- They can change the profession of their employees.
- They can renew the Iqama of their employees three months before the expiry.
The Ministry of Labor of Saudi Arabia has issued an order to abolish the “Yellow” category in the Nitaqat program. All entities falling under the Yellow nitaqat category have moved to the “Red category” on Jan 26, 2020.
While checking the Iqama color status (red/green/yellow) if you find out that your employer is in the red category of Nitaqat, it means that;
- They cannot get new visas for new foreign employees
- They cannot transfer sponsorship from other sponsors.
- If their employee wants to go to some company with Green status, they cannot stop him from doing so.
- They cannot renew iqamas of their employees.
- They cannot change the profession of their employees
- Finally, they cannot open new branches.
Iqama Status Red/Green moi.gov.sa
A large number of expatriates search if they can check their iqama status i.e. red/green on the moi.gov.sa website. It is important to note that the Iqama color status (red/green) can only be checked at the Ministry of Labor website and the moi.gov.sa does not have this utility.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.