Table of Contents
If you have accepted an Ejar contract online, you will have to follow a certain procedure to cancel/terminate it in KSA. We have explained the whole procedure for Ejar contract cancellation below.
When to cancel the contract?
You need to cancel the contract through Ejar website only if you are leaving the house during the term of the contract.
- There is no need to follow this process if you are completing your contract.
- There is no notice period required to vacate the house at the end of the contract.
Cancel Ejar Contract Online
If you want to terminate or cancel the Ejar contract online without completing its term in KSA, you need to;
- Register with Ejar website.
- Log in to your account: https://eservices.ejar.sa/ar/public/login
- Click on the “Contracts” tab.
- Select “View all Contracts“.
- You will find all the active contacts here. Click on 3 dots.
- Select “View Contract” from the drop-down.
- Click on the “Terminate Contract” to cancel the Ejar contract.
On the next page, the system will explain the 3 steps to cancel the Ejar contract online in Saudi Arabia.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Termination Reason: Select a suitable reason.
- Effective Date: The date on which you want to vacate the house.
- Note: Write the reasons to support your case.
- Financial Settlement: On the next page, the system will tell you how much you need to pay for the early termination of the contract.
Keep in mind that there is no automatic renewal of the contract in the Ejar system now.
In other words, if you do not accept a new Ejar contract, the previous one would be deemed canceled at the end of its term.
Penalty for Early Termination
As per the online Ejar contract, you are required to pay the full house rent till the end of the contract in the case of early cancellation unless your landlord waives you the financial compensation.
- Therefore, it is better to settle with the landlord by bringing him a new tenant and transfer the Ejar contract to his name.
- At the time of the termination or expiry of the contract, the tenant is obliged to return the flat/house in the same position as he acquired.
- In case of any question, you can always call Ejar helpline 9200 05226.