All expatriate technicians who are diploma holders have to get Saudi council of engineering (SCE) registration for Iqama renewal. In this article, we have explained the procedure to register a technician in Saudi council of engineers and how to avoid a rejected application.
Before we proceed further, it is important to note that the procedure to register with the Saudi Council of engineering for Engineers is a little different. We have explained it in a separate article. Recommended: What is the registration process with the Saudi Council of Engineering?
The first step to applying for the Saudi council of engineering registration for a diploma holder technician, open the website of SCE. You would be asked to log in, but as you don’t have an account, you would click on the register option.
You would be directed to another page where you shall enter your details such as name, email ID, nationality to register technician in Saudi Council of Engineers. In the membership classification, select the option of Technician. Other details such as phone number etc. would also be required. Now you will receive a confirmation email to activate your account. https://eservices.saudieng.sa/en//accreditation/Pages/registration.aspx
In the next step to apply for the Saudi council of engineering registration for technicians, open the email sent by the SCE and click on the link attached. You would be redirected towards the Saudi Council login. After your login, you will have to go through 5 steps. In the first step, you need to fill ID information such as iqama number and profession.
In the second step of the process of Saudi Engineering Council Registration for technicians, fill in the personal information. You also need to upload a photograph of you.
In the third step to apply for the Saudi council of engineering registration for technicians, add membership duration. You can register for 1,2 or 3 years. Each year membership duration fee is SR 200.
In the fourth step to apply for the Saudi council of engineering registration, enter the technician education information, the year you graduated, the country you graduated and the college name.
In the last step to apply for the Saudi council of engineering registration for technicians, you need to attach the following documents to the portal which includes the diploma holder's certificate. It is important to mention here that failing to upload these documents may get your Saudi council of engineers registration rejected.
Technicians who do not have an attested diploma can take experience certificates from there company and upload in place of attested diploma certificates in order to get the membership.
Documents required to register a technician in Saudi council of engineers
- A copy of Iqama
- Attested Diploma certificate from both sides.
- Authorization letter (download from Saudi council and get it signed by employer)
- Introduction letter from the employer duly attested by the chamber of commerce
- Frontpage copy of passport and an optional CV.
- Personal Photograph
The fee to register a technician in Saudi council of engineers
Now, you need to pay an SR 500 application fee. As you can see from the screenshot below that the Yaqeen status is already verified. Once the fee is paid, your Jawazat will be updated and you can renew your iqama. Recommended: How to pay the Saudi Council of Engineers fee online?
Once you have paid SR 500 fee for Saudi Engineering Council Registration for technicians, you will be required to pay another SR 200 for the membership fee. Once this fee is paid, your membership with the SCE will be renewed.
Computer Technician Iqama Renewal
Many people have asked me this question if they need Saudi Engineering Council Registration for the iqama renewal of a computer technician. Well, as per the information I have currently, only following 56 professions are to required to register with the Saudi Council of engineers. In other words, iqama renewal of a computer technician can be done after going through the above-mentioned procedure of the SCE.
It is important to mention here that the Saudi council of engineering registration for technicians is required for the iqama renewal of the following iqama professions only. If you have a different profession on your iqama, you don’t need to go through the above-mentioned procedure.
- Building Surveyor
- Road surveyor
- Architectural Painter
- General Surveyor
- Mine Surveyor
- Photographic surveyor
- Architectural Model Maker (Maket)
- Structural painter / architect
- Structural painter / methods
- general painter
- Civil Engineer
- Cartographer and Charters
- Saudi Engineering Council Registration is required for Building Technician
- Road Technician (Road Controller)
- Calculate quantities
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory Technician
- Structural Materials Lab Technician
- Associate Surveyor
- Digital mapping technician
- Technician signing digital aerial survey
- Surveyor and Field Investigator
- Digital Aerial Scanning Device
- First Supervisor Print Maps
- Marine mapping technician
- Surveyor amounts
- Electrical painter
- Mechanical painter
- Painter of electrical designs
- Technician of power plants and installation
- Operation and Maintenance Stations Technician
- Technician transformer installation plants
- Operation and maintenance switching technician
- Electrical technician of airlines
- Electrical technician
- Electrical Technician Services Subscriber
- Electrical Technician Extensions
- Electrical technician maintenance machines
- Electrical technician
- Electrical Technician – General
- Electronics Technician
- Technician in Telecommunications General
- Fire Alarm Technician in Saltwater Desalination
- Electrical Technician Generators & Aeronautics
- Electronic Technician Communications
- Medical Equipment Technician
- Electronic Technician Maintenance TV
- Electronic Technician Controllers
- Electricity technician
- Electronic painter
- Electronic Technician Send Radio
- TV technician
- Computer technician
- Communications Engineering Technician
- Technician Phone Car
- Telephone Technician