Procedure to refund Dependents Fee using Internet Banking

In the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, it is mandatory for every expat who is residing there with their family, to pay full dependent fees at the time of their Iqama renewal.  However, many people are still not sure whether the dependant fee is refundable or not if in any case they send back their family.

A dependent fee is paid for a whole year and if someone sends their family back to their home country just after few months of the Iqama renewal, for example, a person residing in the Kingdom with his family wished to send them back after five months of Iqama renewal, what about the rest of remaining amount of 7 months? Will it be refunded? What is the procedure to refund remaining dependent fees?

Once you send back your family on exit visa from the Kingdom, the remaining amount of dependent fee will be reflected in your Abshir account under their Iqama number within 45 days. You need to follow the below-mentioned procedure to get the refund of dependent fee.

First of all, you must have an activated ministry of interior account. If you don’t have an account, create an account from this link. I have explained the step by step procedure to create Ministry of Interior Account in this article. “Register for MOI Account”

If you already have an account with MOI, you need to login to it. The procedure to login to MOI has been changed significantly. New procedure is explained in this link “Process to login to MOI (Abshir) account”

After login, you need to follow the procedure to Check Available Funds under Iqama of your dependents. In order to do that, you need to have their iqama numbers. Keep on checking it until the amount transferred to their MOI account.


Whenever the amount is reflected in your MOI account, the next step is to login to the internet banking account of the same bank which was used to pay the dependent fee. We have explained the procedure to take Refund from Ministry of Interior in this link.

It is must for you to make a refund from the same account through which you have earlier deposited the amount. The amount will only be refunded to that account only.


If any of your friend or a family member has made payment on your Iqama on your behalf, ask him to initiate refund from his account as it will be only returned to his account.

It is also important to mention here that the dependent's fee can be refunded if your family has traveled back from Saudi Arabia on a final exit but you are still living here. If you have also traveled, there is no way to get the amount refunded.

Get Latest Updates: You can join our WhatsApp Group to get the latest updates and news from the website.