It has been reported that Saudi Billionaire Prince Waleed bin Talal has been released from detention after two months.
Prince Waleed bin Talal was arrested on 4 November 2017 along with 10 other princes and some former and sitting ministers by the anti-corruption committee Chaired by Crown Prince.
The decision was taken to consolidate, control and improve oil superpower Kingdom and these royal personalities were kept at Ritz Carlton luxurious hotel in Riyadh. Also Read: Ritz-Carlton hotel in Riyadh has been made a prison
The anti-corruption campaign sent waves of shock in the Kingdom’s business and government community as hundreds of suspects were arrested.
Prince Waleed bin Talal was released after an hour he was exclusively interviewed by Reuters at Ritz Carlton Hotel in Riyadh where he said that he expected to be clear of any wrong deed and be released from the custody within few days. (Watch the video below)
He said that he was continuing to maintain his innocence of any corruption in talks with the authorities. He further stresses to keep full control of his Global investment from Kingdom Holding Co. without giving up his assets.
The family members said Prince Waleed bin Talal was released on Saturday and arrived home. This was said by Reuters and Saudi official could not reach for comments immediately as the terms of his release were not immediately clear.
Prince Waleed bin Talal was asked by Reuters about his anti-corruption investigation to which he said, this is a big Title; anti-corruption, but many people clearly left this place with zero charges.
As I am involved in many projects regionally, nationally and internationally, this is the reason many interests, so I told them to take their time to look at everything as I have nothing to hide.
He was upset by the rumors spread about him that he was sent to some other place and had been tortured there. This was not true. As he said, I was planning an interview when I got out, this was very unfortunate.
But I decided to accelerate the process and accept this interview today because various rumors took place. These bunches of lies are completely unacceptable.
It was also reported that the Authorities are clearing out the Ritz-Carlton hotel that was turned into a jail for the kingdom’s elite and they will soon release some of the most prominent personalities from imprisonment this weekend because 95% of them are ready to settle.
The government official said the head of the Middle East Broadcasting Centre, Waleed Al-Ebrahim, and Fawaz Al Hokair, the billionaire founder of one of the country’s largest retailers were also sent home.
Moreover, Khaled Al Tuwaijri, Head of the royal court under the late King Abdullah, and Prince Turki bin Nasser were also set free.
A week ago it was said by a senior Saudi official that the kingdom is expecting to reap more than $100 billion from the deals. The first phase of the anti-corruption campaign comes to an end with the release of the detainees.
The relationship of MBS and Prince Waleed bin Talal has improved a lot since the release as you can see in the below tweet.
— الوليد بن طلال (@Alwaleed_Talal) July 12, 2018
Source: Arab News