Arab culture is inhabited for thousands of years due to which it has a rich tradition and long history of different eras and reigns. Museums in Riyadh show different colors of Arab culture during different eras.
Whether you are a Saudi or an expatriate, you will find Museums in Riyadh very interesting. Riyadh is not only a city of lights but also has numerous museums which present rich Arab culture and history to visitors.
01-Al-Masmak Historical Museum in Riyadh
This Riyadh museum has displayed articles in order to present the history of Riyadh. It has shown significant events occurred in the evolution of Riyadh during past few hundred years. The visiting hours of the museum are given as follows;
- In the morning, 8 a.m. -12 noon and in the evening, 4 – 9 p.m., as follows:
- Sunday – Tuesday – Thursday (Men and visitors from Boys’ Schools)
- Monday and Wednesday (Families and visitors from Girls’ Schools)
- Friday – Morning (Closed), Evening – Families from 4 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday mornings for Men from 9 a.m. -12noon and for Families from 4 – 7:30 p.m
02-The National Museum in Riyadh
This Riyadh museum presents the Saudi traditional style and different architecture designs during different phases of the revolution of Saudi Arabia and Saudi Unification War. It is a kind of hotspot for tourist wide range of attractions available.
This museum has articles related to different historical ages of Kingdom. This museum presents the amalgamation of past and present culture and tradition prevalent in Saudi Arabia.
- The location and contact numbers of the museum are given as follows;
- Location: King Abdulaziz Historical Center, Murabba’ Dist
- Tel: +966-11-4029500
- Fax: +966-11-4030306
- Email: [email protected]
03-Museum of Currencies in Riyadh
This Riyadh museum exhibits currencies of different eras specifically. This museum has currencies belonging to the pre-Islamic period as well.
Different Gold currencies and other valuable notes are also displayed in museum related to different royal eras in Saudi Arabia. The location and contact numbers of the museum are given as follows
- Location: Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
- Tel: +966-11-4662100
04-Saqr Al-Jazeera Aviation Museum in Riyadh
This museum belongs to Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) and shows historical events related to the air force. The location and visiting hours of the museum are given as follows
- Visiting Hours: By coordination with the Museum’s Curator
- Address: The Royal Saudi Ari Force (RSAF) – Saqr Al-Jazeera Aviation Museum, Riyadh city –Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
05-Antiquities Museum – King Saud University
This museum in Riyadh is famous for its historical dimensions which help in exploring different fields and departments of King Saud University. This museum is owned by university management.
It has a number of unique articles inside including writings, pottery ware, inscriptions, and porcelain. The location and contact numbers and visiting hours of the museum are given as follows
- Visiting Hours: Saturday to Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: King Saud University – College of Tourism and Antiquities, Riyadh – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tel: +966-11-4674942