Procedure to get Iqama for Child if mother’s marital status is “SINGLE”

Mother's Marital Status is Single: Today we are going to talk about a certain condition in which a couple got married in the home country. Wife had Iqama so she came to Saudi Arabia and delivered a baby here. Now, as per the Saudi Authorities record, your wife is still single.

If her father declares that she is married, they will not renew her iqama and ask him to transfer her sponsorship to her husband or send her back to the home country to her husband.

Husband does not have Iqama: Now you being husband don’t have an iqama. Once you have arrived in Saudi Arabia, you will have to process the following steps to get iqama for your child or children.

Attested Marriage Certificate: Before coming from your home country, make sure your marriage certificate is attested by the Saudi Embassy of the country where the marriage took place. Recommended: Procedure to Attest Marriage Certificate for Saudi Arabia

Apply for the First Iqama: First of all, make all the arrangements to apply for the first iqama. Recommended: Procedure to Apply for First Iqama in Saudi Arabia

Transfer your Wife's Sponsorship: Once you have iqama in your hand, you can start the process of getting your wife transferred to your name.

The procedure is simple if you already have attested marriage certificate from Saudi Embassy in your home country. Recommended: Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife in Saudi Arabia

Birth Certificate for the Child: Once your wife is transferred to your name, you can start the process of getting birth certificates of your children. Recommended: Procedure to get Birth Certificate in Saudi Arabia

Passport of the Child: After getting a birth certificate, you will have to apply for the passport of your child. The requirements and procedures for taking passport vary from country to country.

Iqama of the Child: Once the passport is issued, you can apply for the iqama of your child. You will have to pay a fine of SR 1,000 per Iqama if iqama is applied one year after the birth date. Recommended: Procedure to Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Baby – Born inside Saudi Arabia

Get Latest Updates: You can join our WhatsApp Group to get the latest updates and news from the website.