New Visa after Expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa

Many people ask me this question if they can come back to Saudi Arabia on a new visa if they leave Kingdom on exit re-entry visa and exit re-entry visa expires after that. Today I will try to enlighten this topic with the experiences of readers of the blog and news sources. First of all, it is important to clarify that this article focuses the expatriates working on the employment visa. If exit re-entry visa of a dependent expires, the sponsor can apply for the extension of exit re-entry visa. [irp]

If exit re-entry visa of a dependent expires, the sponsor can apply for the extension of exit re-entry visa. We have explained this process in this link “What to do if Exit Re-Entry Visa of a Dependent Expires”? If the dependent’s exit re-entry visa does not meet the requirements of extension, you can cancel their iqamas and apply for their new visa. The procedure of applying new visa is explained here “Apply for Permanent Family Visa

New Visa after Expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa for Employees: As per Decision No. 825 issued in the year 1395 (the equivalent of Gregorian 1975), expatriates who “violate” their contract would be fined SR10,000 and banned for 3 years from re-entering the kingdom. “Violation” here pertains to people who go on vacation and do not return! However, there is no problem in going to other GCC countries on the work visa.

If someone is ban for any period, it does not include Hajj and Umrah Visa. It means that particular individual can still come back to Saudi Arabia on Umrah or Hajj visa. If an employee leaves the Kingdom on exit re-entry visa and does not come back to\ Saudi Arabia within the validity of the visa, he will be banned to enter to Saudi Arabia for 3 years. Even if your visa is processed, you would not be able to enter to Saudi Arabia by immigration authorities. The ban period will start from the date of expiry of exit re-entry visa. Source: Arab News

The above news was published on the same date. However, experiences shared by different expatriates on our blog tell a little different story. According to the experiences of different readers of the blog, they were able to come back to Saudi Arabia after the expiry of their iqama on a new visa. However, some people were detained and deported when they tried to enter to Saudi Arabia. Visa was stamped on the passports of both expatriates. The detailed reviews of the experiences of expatriates lead me to this conclusion.

The fine and ban will only be imposed if your Kafeel has reported against you to the Ministry of Interior. Unfortunately, there is no system to check if your case has been reported to the Ministry of Interior. If you are intending to come to KSA after exit re-entry visa, you will have to try your luck. If your Kafeel has not complained against you to the Ministry of Interior, you can come back to KSA on a new visa as soon as your Iqama expires. But again, this is my personal opinion.

An Alarming Case: Hello Steve, my brother used to work for a company in Saudi Arabia and two years ago he left on exit re-entry visa and somehow managed to leave the company and the country. After 2 months he applied for another Gulf state to find a new job and been detained and sent back to Saudi Arabia from the airport of that gulf state.

They said that without knowledge of my brother his previous employer had registered a police case against him of stealing money and run away. Right now he is in prison. My brother is not like that and we belong to a good family, he did not steal any money and only sent back his salary for family expenses.

We are stressed and going through very hard times since we contacted his employer they are not convincing, we told them he didn’t steal any money and we do not have any money to give to them. We know this is a serious allegation and our brother is innocent. He only left because our mother was ill back home and he didn’t want to work for them as the company was a mess.[irp]

We have no one to get help from and we are concern about our brother health. The employer visited my brother and asked him to sign some letters accepting that he has taken the money in reward of which they will release him. He was innocent enough to do it and Kafeel never came back to him.