In my previous article, I have discussed the matters one should consider in deciding the childbirth in Saudi Arabia. If you have decided not to deliver your child in Saudi Arabia after going through the matters mentioned in that article, you will have to bring him and register under your Iqama.
This article discusses the procedure you need to follow to bring your newly born baby to Saudi Arabia when he is born outside Saudi Arabia. However, if the child is born inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you need to follow a separate procedure to add him under your Iqama.
Parents must have an Iqama: Before going further, it is important to clarify here that this article is only for those parents who already have Iqama, their baby is born outside KSA and now they want to bring her to Saudi Arabia for the first time to register under Iqama.
The baby must be less than 1 year old: Two different ways of bringing newly born baby to Saudi Arabia is explained in the below lines. However, the baby must be less than one year old at the time of traveling.
Passport: Getting a passport for baby is the first and most important step to bring your newly born baby to Saudi Arabia. You should apply for the passport as soon as possible.
Required documents to get Saudi visa for the newborn baby: Saudi Embassy or Consulate gives visa for newborn baby without visa slip (Yellow Slip), on the basis of mother’s Exit Re-Entry visa. You will have to submit the following documents to get this visa.
- Mother's original passport, with original valid Exit Re-Entry visa of KSA
- Baby's original passport
- Official birth certificate issued by the Government of the country should be attested and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Polio Certificate can be obtained by any doctor, family physician, typed on his letterhead (Handwritten not accepted), stating that the vaccination has been given as per age schedule. Please note that Polio Card or long file containing several pages is not acceptable.
- Baby's photo: 04 No. (Passport size, Color Photo, but white background)
- Father’s Iqama (Residence Permit) copy
- Mother’s Iqama (Residence Permit) copy
- Father’s Passport copy (only 1st & last page)
- Father’s complete Saudi Company Address with Ph/ Mob No.
Procedure in Pakistan: My wife visited Etimad Center Karachi with Polio certificate duly attested by authorized Saudi travel agent. They charged 1500 PKR for attesting polio certificate which we acquired from GAMCA registered medical center. They also charged 200PKR for this certificate. In Etimad, we submitted all the above documents.
You can also get an on-arrival visa. One of our readers has shared his experience in detail to bring his newborn baby on an on-arrival visa to Saudi Arabia. This experience is shared in this link. “Bringing Newly Born Baby to Saudi Arabia on On-Arrival Visa“
Border Number: If you apply for Saudi Embassy or on-arrival visa, in both cases they will write border entry number at the passport of the newly born baby. Make sure that they write this number otherwise you will have to come back to the immigration officers later on.
Polio Immunization Certificate: Last but not the least, don’t forget to bring polio immunization certificate from your country for the child. Otherwise, your application to register the baby under your Iqama will not be processed. Now, the next step is to apply for the Iqama of the newly born baby. You will have to follow this procedure to apply for the iqama.