Procedure to claim Insurance after Accident in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is one of those places where accident ratio is very high so you should never ever even think to drive your car without auto insurance. According to Arab News, 19 people die daily in Saudi Arabia due to a road accident. It means 1 out of every 86 persons die in Saudi Arabia every 5 years due to road accidents in Saudi Arabia.

Procedure to follow in case of an accident: If you meet with an accident, you will have to go through a certain procedure. You cannot move your vehicle unless someone from the traffic police or Najm as the case may be coming to establish the responsibility. I have explained the procedure you need to adopt in case of accidents in this article.

If Najm establishes the mistake of another party to the accidents, or even if it is your mistake but you have comprehensive insurance of your vehicle, you will have to claim insurance. Here we shall provide step by step process of claiming insurance after an accident.

Najm Office: If you are intending to complete all the process on the same day, I would recommend you to go to the Najm Office first and get a token from there. Normally, people have to wait for 5,6 hours after completing all the below-mentioned procedure. If you take a token from there, you will save your time and complete the other process in the meantime.

141 Procedure of Claiming Insurance after Accident in Saudi Arabia 03

Traffic Police Station: First of all, you need to go to the traffic police department (Maroor). You will have to pay some amount of fine if you go to traffic police station 7 days after the accident. You will have to present the paper given to you by Najm.

You may have to present your Iqama, driving license and vehicle registration to them. You will have to go to the nearest traffic police station where the accident took place. I went to another traffic police station and he referred me to the office in the area where the accident took place. Traffic police station will stamp the paper from Najm.

Car Checkup: If you are living in Jeddah, you need to go to the Asfan Center. You will find many queues there as shown in the picture below. They will take pictures of your car upon arrival. After that, they will write the spare parts which need to be acquired as per the Najm Accident Report.

You can also go to شيخ الورش لتقدير الحوادث جنوب which is not that far away as Asfan Center. We have given the location in the above link.

If you are living in Dammam, you can go to Sinayya (Tuqbah Makkah Street 30th Cross – AL KHOBAR)

141 Procedure of Claiming Insurance after Accident in Saudi Arabia 01

Accident Estimate: After that, you need to go inside the office, they will give you an estimation for repair against SAR 30 and ask to visit next office for spare parts quotation. They will charge SR 50 for the spare parts quotation and also ask you to visit another office which has a same queuing system.

They will note down the ODO of the car and evaluate the accident and send this document to their office. After some time, they will call you again and handover one closed envelope against the cost of SAR 100.

This envelope contains a paper which mentions the cost of the car and also the estimated depreciated value after the accident.

If you don't want to go that far away, you can visit Vehicle Accident Estimation Center which is located well inside the city of Jeddah. 

141 Procedure of Claiming Insurance after Accident in Saudi Arabia 02

Najm Office: Next step is visiting the Najm office to submit all the documents if you have a third party insurance or your insurance company office if you have a comprehensive insurance. You need to go to your Insurance company with all the below-mentioned details.

Due to a large number of accidents, Najm offices remain very crowded. You will have to submit all the documents there. It will take around 5-6 hours. After collecting the papers, they will estimate the amount to be paid and take your signatures over it.

Required Documents: They will take your IBAN number to transfer the amount to your bank account. Make sure you have all these documents to submit to them.

  • Najm Certificate approved by the Traffic Police
  • Copy of Iqama
  • Copy of Driving License
  • Copy of the Vehicle Registration
  • Copy of the Insurance if it is a comprehensive insurance
  • IBAN Number of Bank Account