Is it possible to Convert Visit Visa into IQAMA?

Arab News arranged a helpline for two hours on June 04, 2014 for the general people to call and discuss their problems to the Col Muhammad Al-Hussain, a spokesman the Jawazat (Passport Office) department. Mr. Muhammad took many calls and answered procedural queries and cleared the concepts of many people. It is really a good step taken by the Arab News to facilitate the expatriates working in Saudi Arabia. Although, he could answer calls of only a few people but still it is a ray of hope for other 10 million expats living in Saudi Arabia.

While answering many questions, someone asked Mr. Muhammad if he can convert his family visit visa into Permanent family Visa (Iqama) while his family stays in Saudi Arabia. Mr. Muhammad confirmed him that he can do it if he is eligible to apply for Permanent family Visa (Iqama). However, this approval will be granted upon permission of Ministry of Interior. People thought Mr. Muhammad is the spokesman of Jawazat (Passport Office) department so if he is stating this, there must be truth and reality in it. However, later on, it was published again in Arab News that the visit visa cannot be converted to Permanent Family Visa. The official referred above stated in his official statement to Arab News about it.

Is it possible to Convert Visit Visa into IQAMA?

Mr. Muhammad just pointed out that family visit visa can be converted to Permanent family Visa (Iqama) but he did not explain the procedure. There are so many steps through which a person has to go through if he wants to apply for Permanent family Visa (Iqama). For example, the requirement of going through the medical test in your home country as well as in Saudi Arabia is only for Permanent family Visa (Iqama). It is not the requirement of family visit visa. The family visit visa can be converted into Iqama only if both the parents are working in Saudi Arabia under different sponsors and one of the family members has brought his/her children on family visit visa. We have explained the procedure in detail in this article. Recommended: Convert Family Visit Visa into Iqama for Kids (Parents have Iqama)

Now let’s talk about another scenario. The applicant has brought his family (wife and children) on family visit visa and now he wants to convert it to permanent family visa or Iqama. We have the procedure which he needs to adopt but we have not heard of even a single case of success. All the times, application was refused by the Ministry. But still, there is nothing wrong in trying your luck. Recommended: Procedure to Convert Family Visit Visa into Permanent Family Visa

Source: Arab News

  • Muhammad Naeem

    dear Steave, I bring my family and daughter on visit visa from pakistan to saudi arab. I have yellow paper. can i convert visit visa into Iqama. Please guide me in Details. Thanks

  • miss uzma

    Dear sir, i just want to get an information.My parents are on permanent visa in KSA but we 2 sisters are on visit visa we could not get permanent visa because we are above 18 years and we are someone told us that we will have to submit an application in the MOI that kindly convert their visit visa into permanent.we have ready each and every document but we don,t know that in which department we will have to submit this application jeddah MOI or Riyad MOI kindly guide me i need someone who knows saudi govt rules and regulations.One more thing kindly guide me which documents we need it with the application?

  • Spensters Deysolong

    Dear steave my son and my wife is already here in saudi as visit visa, i get already the yellow paper for permanent visa its possible to convert to permanent visa no need to go back to home.Please guide me or advice me .Thanks

  • Aitch Zain

    hello everyone …
    we convert visiting visa to iqamah without leaving the country ..
    PLZ NOTE : the following nationalities we cant process for them . SYRIA . YAMEN .


  • I would appreciate if you can explain the procedure you adopted in detail

  • Nilofer

    Hi Steve,
    I am getting work visit visa for Riyadh.
    How long will it take for iqama?
    Also can a female Expat sponsor her spouse based on her iqama?
    Please suggest.

  • Malgi Mohammed

    Please call me on 0562666187

  • Mohammad Osama

    Hi Aitch Zain,

    Can you send me your Number or contact details to contact you for converting visiting visa to iqamah for my family, here is my email address: [email protected]

  • Ahmed JG

    Please share your service charges, documents requirement and time period. My email [email protected] 055 2512856. Thanks, Ahmed

  • thomas joseph

    How to convert visit visa for my kids to Iqama. Father and mother are working in different companies and both have iqamas.

    Please reply

  • Rhino

    Please explain procedure and your contact details ….thanks.

  • Rhino

    Hi Ahmed , was it possible to get this done ?

  • Ahmed JG

    My application is in process with MOI. I followed the blog instructions. Let see whats next

  • Adil Basheer

    Please provide details, [email protected]

  • Rais Ahmed

    Pleas send me your mobile number i want my son visit visa to convert perminant iqama is it possible?

  • MyOnline apps

    Phone number please

  • Imz Awan

    please contact me 0580416500 or share your contact

  • Anaya

    Sir em from pak i come to my father and i live there i am come on visit visa i am there around six months but my father have some health issue my mother and other siblings are in pak i want to be live with my father i want to convert my visit visa inti iqama for doing study there plz kindly inform mee i am really worried if someone knw about this process plz kindlg inform me i am requested to all of you
    Thank u☺

  • Bella

    Could you pls send details to [email protected]

  • Bella

    Did you get your Iqama?

  • Ahmed JG

    No. They rejected

error: Content is protected !!