Procedure to change Iqama Profession in Saudi Arabia

Its a goat, even if it flies: If your current profession on passport or Iqama is different from your actual profession, you need to change your profession. In Saudi Arabia, you are known for the profession you have on your visa or Iqama.

Even if you are a doctor but the profession on your visa or iqama is labor, you are considered labor in the government office. By the way, it is very important to mention here that it is against the law to have a different profession in your Iqama than your actual profession.

Passport office conducts raids to different companies from time to time and if somebody is caught, he is kept in a detention center and later on deported from Saudi Arabia.

Gulf News has reported that a plan to ban the deported expatriates from one GCC country from entering on work visas in any other GCC country has been finalized. To know about the status of the implementation, click on this link “GCC Wide Ban on Deported Expatriates of GCC Countries

List of Professions: Before changing the profession of the Iqama, I would suggest you go through the list of professions which is benefited on a priority basis by the Saudi authorities. However, you should make sure that your intended profession is not one of those professions reserved for Saudis.

Status of Change in Profession: If you have already applied for a change of profession, you can check the status of change in the profession in this article. In order to change the profession on your iqama, you need to have;

1-An attested degree from Saudi Culture and Saudi Embassy in your country. The attested degree should be in the relevant field of your intended profession. If you want to change your profession to doctor, you should have attested degree of doctor.

2-Registration with the relevant body: If you want to change your profession to Engineering, you will have to register yourself with the Saudi Council of engineering first. The procedure to register with the Saudi Council of Engineering is explained in this article “Procedure to Register with the Saudi Council of Engineering“.

Similarly, people with accounting professions have to register with SOCPA. “Procedure to get SOCPA Membership

Recent Experience: Recently, many people have changed their professions online with the help of government relations officer of the company. They did not have to submit their degrees for the change in profession.

However, MOI reserves the right to demand the attested degree from anyone at their demand for the change in profession. So it is always better to have attested degree in your hand before applying for a change in the profession of Iqama.

Your employer can also opt for the manual procedure in which he will have to visit Jawazat. He will have to submit a form as well. Recommended: Download form 58 to change iqama profession or replace lost, damaged Iqama

Although the attested degree is not required to change the iqama profession online you will need it at the time of applying for the permanent family visa for your family.

The Fee: Deposit SR 1,000/- for the change in profession. As per Saudi Labor Law, it is the responsibility of the employer to pay this amount. Recommended: Payment of Fee to change profession on Iqama in Saudi Arabia

Once you have all the above-mentioned documents with you, just contact the Government Relations Officer of your company. He will do the rest of the process. You cannot go yourself to Jawazat for changing Iqama profession.

Consequences of having Different Profession: As it is already mentioned, it is illegal to have a different profession on your iqama, you can be detained in the detention center in case of any raid of Jawazat in your office.

  • Your application for visas of different countries will not be successful if your profession is low profile.
  • You cannot get family status in Saudi Arabia. You cannot bring your family to Saudi Arabia on a permanent basis.
  • You cannot apply for family visit visa for your parents, wife, and children

Note: If you have been awarded a domestic visa like Driver for Home, Housemaid etc. it cannot be changed to any other profession related to business. It can only be transferred to some other domestic profession.

Get Latest Updates: You can join our WhatsApp Group to get the latest updates and news from the website.