Table of Contents
There are many health benefits of eating Ajwa dates (Khajoor) such as their nutritional value for male infertility and pregnant women. Ajwa dates can do miracles if eaten in the required quantity.
How many ajwa dates to eat daily?
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Whoever takes 7 ‘Ajwa dates in the morning will not be affected by magic or poison on that day.” – Sahih al-Bukhari 5779
It is important to note that dates are mentioned in the Holy Quran 22 times.
Health Benefits of Ajwa Dates
Many people have researched the health benefits of Ajwa Khajoor and they came up with the following scientific conclusions;
Many women cannot get pregnant due to some deficiencies. The major health benefit of Ajwa dates is that it helps overcome male and female infertility issues. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NIH);
- In a male’s body, it increases the sperm count, and libido and treats testicular disorders.
- In a female’s body, it can thicken the endometrial lining of the uterus, which is one of the reasons why women can’t conceive.
- Ajwa dates also benefit from avoiding health complications during pregnancy.
Regulate Blood Pressure
Another great benefit of Ajwa dates is that they help regulate blood pressure. Ajwa dates are highly rich in potassium and magnesium which are the important minerals that play a role in controlling blood pressure, and normal heart rhythm.
The potassium in Ajwa dates also has function as the main regulator of the blood vessel to maintain the elasticity of arterial walls which prevents the deterioration of vascular under high blood pressure.
A great health benefit of eating Ajwa dates is that it contains nutrition like Anthocyanins and ferulic acid which can protect you against diseases like atherosclerosis which is a leading factor in most heart attacks and strokes.
Atherosclerosis is a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries making it difficult for the blood to flow properly.
- Source: University of Belgrade, Serbia
Reduce the Pain of childbirth
The childbirth pain-relieving benefit of Ajwa Khajoor is a miracle proven religiously as well as by science.
Allah ﷻ told Maryam عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ before the delivery of Prophet Isa عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ to shake the trunk of this palm tree towards you, it will drop fresh, ripe dates upon you. – Maryam 19:25
A study revealed that eating 6 Ajwa dates per day from the 36th week of pregnancy yield the following benefits;
- A shorter latent phase of labor.
- Lower rate of Induction.
- More favorable cervix.
- Source: Jordan University of Science and Technology.
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) accounts for major cancer-related deaths despite current advanced therapies.
According to a recent study in the medical field, Ajwa dates or its constituents namely luteolin appear to have miracle properties against Hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Source: NIH
Improve Digestive Process
The human colon hosts around 1013 micro-organisms and over 1,000 species of bacteria.
A great health benefit of Ajwa Dates is that it is the most versatile foods that help with the digestive process. Ajwa dates contain high levels of both dietary fiber and polyphenols that positively affects the gut microbiota.
- Source: J Agric Food Chem 60, 2136–2147.
Health of Eyes
In the modern lifestyle, we often spend the whole day in front of a computer which puts a strain on our eyes.
It is believed that consumption of Ajwa dates helps keep your eyes healthy throughout your life and helps prevent night blindness which is a great health benefit.
Allah ﷻ told Maryam عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ to shake the trunk of this palm tree towards you, it will drop fresh, ripe dates upon you. Eat, then, and drink, and let thine eye be gladdened – Maryam 19:25-26
Ajwa Dates Nutrition
The nutrition value of Ajwa dates is its biggest health benefit. Ajwa dates contain a high percentage of carbohydrates (total sugars, 44-88%), fat (0.2-0.5%), 15 salts and minerals, protein (2.3-5.6%), vitamins, and a high percentage of dietary fiber (6.4-11.5%).
The flesh of dates contains 0.2-0.5% oil, whereas the seed contains 7.7-9.7% oil. The weight of the seed is 5.6-14.2% of the date.
Ajwa seed powder benefits
Many people use the seed powder of Ajwa date for different purposes especially the fact that it benefits male infertility.
People often wonder if there are any side effects of using an excessive amount of ajwa powder. Taking a higher dose of ajwa seed powder might result in dizziness or high blood pressure.
You can either buy Ajwa seed powder from a supermarket that offers herbal medicine or grind it yourself.
- Take the Ajwa seeds and soak them in water for 15 days.
- After 15 days, separate the seeds from the water.
- Let them dry for 10-15 minutes. Make sure that the seeds are completely dried.
- Put the seeds in a grinder after they are dried.
- To have a fine powder, you shall run the grinder many times.
- Store the ajwa seed powder in an airtight jar.
Hadith related to Ajwa dates
There are many hadith mentioning Ajwa dates and we have quoted a few of them below.
- Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “if somebody takes seven Ajwa dates in the morning, neither magic nor poison will hurt him that day” – Sahih al-Bukhari 5779
- Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Ajwa and the rock are from Paradise.” – Sunan Ibn Majaj 3456
- Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: The ‘ajwa’ dates of ‘Aliya’ contain heating effects and these are antidote in the early morning. – Sahih Muslim 2048
- Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Ajwa is from Paradise and it contains a cure for poison. Truffles are a form of manna, and its liquid is a cure for the eye.” – Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2066
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.