Can Umrah or Hajj visa holders travel to other cities of Saudi Arabia such as Riyadh, Dammam, etc? The rules are different for Hajj and Umrah visa holders.
Traveling to Riyadh on Hajj Visa
Hajj visa holders can travel to Makkah, Madina, and places within the route of Makkah and Madina. Since Jeddah, Yanbu and Taif are within the route of Makkah and Madina so Hajj and Umrah visitors can travel to these cities.
Simply, Hajj visa holders cannot travel to Riyadh, Dammam, or any other city along the route between Makkah and Madina. Ref: Royal Decree No. (M/42) dated 18/10/1404
Traveling to Riyadh on Umrah Visa
Umrah visa holders can travel to Riyadh, Dammam, or any other city in Saudi Arabia subject to some conditions which have been explained below;
- They are required to spend at least 15 days in the Holy cities of Makkah and Madina.
- The above relaxation is not available to people who come to Saudi Arabia on 15 days Umrah visa.
- Source: Gulf News
Can they take a flight to Riyadh?
As per the Saudi Airlines website, people coming on Hajj and Umrah visas can only Saudi Arabia through Jeddah, Madinah, Yanbu, and Taif international airports.
- They cannot take a direct flight to Riyadh or Dammam.
- Umrah Visa holders can take a domestic flight to Riyadh after meeting the above conditions.
- Hajj visa holders would not be able to take any domestic flight to Riyadh or Dammam.
- Source: Saudi Airlines.
If a Hajj or Umrah visa holder is caught violating the rules stated above, the following penalties would be applied;
- 2 years in Jail.
- SR 100,000 fine/person.
- The vehicle will be confiscated.
- Life-time entry ban to Saudi Arabia.
- Source: Royal Decree No. (M/80) dated 12/09/1428