While applying for the Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia, make sure to select the country from where it is easiest to get the visa. There is no need to hire a Schengen visa agent if you follow this process;
Do you need a Schengen visa?
First of all, you should check if you really need a Schengen visa to enter Europe. You can check it very easily through this link. If you need a visa, follow the below steps.
Easiest Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia
Keep in mind that you should apply Schengen visa to the country where you are going to land for the first time.
Different people have different opinions about the easiest Schengen Visa countries from Saudi Arabia but believe me, none of them is supported by accurate stats. Here is the list available online;
- The Czech Republic.
Since there are many flights to France from Saudi Arabia, I personally prefer it as the first entry to Europe. In my opinion, it really does not matter which country you apply to.
In order to apply for the Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia; you need the following documents. Make sure you have them before starting the application;
- Passport with 6 months validity.
- Valid Saudi Iqama.
- Absher Account.
- Address of your Employer.
- Confirmed Airline Booking.
- Hotel Booking/Address in Schengen Countries.
- Salary Certificate from the Employer.
- Bank Statement for last 4 months.
- Travel Health Insurance.
- Letter of Invitation for Business Visa.
- Exit Re-Entry Visa.
- Previous Schengen Visa stamped on your passport.
Schengen Visa Application
Around 3 months before your expected travel from Saudi Arabia, you should start filling the Schengen visa application;
Step 1: Create your account
- Create an account here.
Step 2: Create a New Application
After creating and then logging in to your account, click on Create a New Application.
- Select your Nationality.
- Place of Submission of Application: Saudi Arabia.
- City of Submission of Application: Jeddah, Riyadh, or Khobar.
- Visa Type Requested: Short Stay < 90 days.
- Main Destination of Stay: France.
- Enter your passport details.
- Your Plans: Family or Private.
- Main Purpose of Stay: Family Visit.
- Additional Information: Write a brief description of your trip in your language e.g. you want to spend your wedding anniversary in France.
Step 3: Your Identity
On the next step of applying for a Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia;
- Select your Sex.
- Select your Marital Status.
- Write Date of Birth as per passport.
- Mentioned the place of Birth as per passport.
Step 4: Personal Information
While filling in personal information in the Schengen visa application from Saudi Arabia;
- Enter your address.
- Country: Saudi Arabia.
- Do you live in a country other than the country of your current nationality? Yes.
- Residence Permit No: Iqama Number.
- Expiry Date: Check Iqama Expiry Date.
- Issue Date: Check Iqama Issue Date.
Step 5: Employment Details
At this stage, you need to enter your employment details such as;
- Current Job: Employee.
- Sector: Select the sector e.g. manufacturing.
- Name of the Employer as per Iqama.
- Address of the Head Office.
Step 6: Your Last Visa
At this stage, you need to enter the details if you have received a Schengen visa in the previous 5 years from Saudi Arabia or anywhere else;
- Have you received a Schengen visa within the last five years? Yes/No.
- Have your digital fingerprints previously been taken in connection with a previous application for a Schengen visa? Yes/No.
Step 7: Details of your Stay
Now enter the planned travel details such as;
- The planned date of arrival.
- The planned date of departure.
- The number of days stay in Schengen countries.
- The Number of Entries Requested: Multiple.
Step 8: Your Contacts
Now at the final stage of the Schengen visa application submission,
- Enter the details of where you will be staying.
- Funding of Travel Cost: MySelf.
- That’s it, now you can submit the application.
- Download and Print the application.
Book an Appointment
Now you need to book an appointment with VFS Global Jeddah, Riyadh or Khobar office to submit your Schengen visa application. In order to do that;
- Create an account: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/sau/en/fra/login
- Click “Start New Booking“.
- Visa Application Center: Jeddah, Riyadh, or Khobar.
- Appointment Category: Short Stay Visa.
- Sub Category: Tourist Visa.
- France Visa Registration Number is available on page 5 of the downloaded application.
Schengen Visa Fee from Saudi Arabia
- Schengen Visa fee from Saudi Arabia: SR 503 (164+339).
- SR 164 for an appointment and SR 339 to the France government.
- Children up to 12 years just have to pay an appointment fee of SR 164, there is no need to pay the Schengen visa fee for them.
Schengen Visa Processing Time
In order to apply for the Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia;
- Visit the VFS office on the day of your appointment.
- Make sure to print the application submitted above.
- Submit all your documents.
- Take photographs and biometrics.
- It normally takes 14 days to process a Schengen visa.
- You will be handed over with a slip which you need to show at the time of receipt of your passport.
Schengen Visa Countries
If you follow the above-mentioned procedure, you can get visas for the following 26 countries.
- Czech Republic