Table of Contents
Seeing the angel of death (malakul maut) or Azrael in a dream is a terrifying experience that has a special meaning as per Islam.
The General Meaning
Seeing the angel of death in a dream could have any of the following meanings;
- Breach of promises
- Forgetting one’s knowledge.
- Ignoring one prayer.
- Hindrance of charity or alms distribution.
- Opposing the rights of others.
- Death of sick people.
- Losses, destruction, forfeiture of properties.
- Losing the source of livelihood.
- A bad crop, bankruptcy.
If the person who loves to meet his God sees the Azrael عليه السلام in his dream, it will bring good news for him.
The angel of death in an angry mood
Seeing the angel of death angry in a dream means that the dreamer will die with sins (without Tawba).
- If you see such a dream, make sure to offer some sadaqah as soon as possible.
Being the angel of death
As per Ibn Sirin, the greatest dream interpreter of Islam, being the angel of death in a dream means rising in status to rule and oppress others;
- he might become an executioner or;
- some major events could take place at his hand.
Fighting with Azrael
If a person sees the malakul maut is fighting with him in a dream then the man will recover from a severe illness.
Kissing the angel of Death
If a person in his dream sees he is kissing the angel of death, it means receiving an inheritance.
Seeing other angels in a dream
If a person sees any other angel in a dream such as Jibraelعليه السلام, Mikaeel عليه السلام or Israfeel عليه السلام, it represents a good sign.
It means plenty of rain and fertility of land, abundant risk, and reduction in the prices of goods and commodities. It is also a sign that the dreamer of such a dream may attain martyrdom.