The Ministry of Interior has launched a new application that allows expats to activate digital Iqama (ID) through their Absher account.
In this way, if someone is not carrying the Iqama, he can show the digital ID through the Absher application to the Saudi officials. In this way, expats can get away with the fine for not carrying an Iqama.
How to activate Digital Iqama in Absher?
In order to activate the digital ID through the Absher, you need to;
- Download the “Absher Individual” application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to the application using your Absher username and password.
- Click on “My Services”.
- Select “Activate Digital ID”.
- Scroll down and click on the “Activate Digital ID” button again.
How to get Digital ID in Tawakkalna?
In order to get the digital Iqama through the Tawakkalna application;
- Download the Tawakkalna application.
- Log in to it using your Absher ID and password.
- Click on “Digital Document”.
- Scroll down and click on “Iqama ID”.