Table of Contents
There are plenty of benefits of Saudi Green Card or privileged iqama to its holders such as they are not required to work under a Saudi sponsor or employer. We have explained the conditions, benefits and the fee to get a Saudi Green Card.
What is Saudi Green Card or privileged iqama?
There will be two types of Green Cards or Privileged Iqamas.
- The first type of green card or privileged iqama will be issued for a period of 1 year and it will be extended every year. Therefore, it is being called as a temporary green card.
- The second type of Saudi green card or privileged iqama will be issued for an unlimited period.
What is the fee for the Saudi Green Card?
Many people are interested to know the fee for the Saudi Green Card. Unfortunately, the fee for the special privileged Iqama is way above the affordability of an average expatriate in Saudi Arabia. The fee for the Saudi Green card varies according to its type.
- The fee for the Saudi Green Card or the special privileged Iqama issued for one year has been set at SR 100,000 per annum i.e. ($26,667)
- The fee for the permanent Saudi Green Card or the special privileged iqama issued for an indefinite period is SR 800,000. ($213,333)
What are the conditions to get a Saudi Green Card or privileged iqama?
A foreigner has to comply by several conditions in order to be eligible to apply for the Saudi Green Card or a Privileged Iqama. We have listed down the conditions to get it below;
- The applicant must be 21 years old
- He must have no criminal record anywhere in the world.
- He must be having enough funds in his name to support his stay in Saudi Arabia
- Passport must be valid
- He must get a certificate for being free from any transmitted diseases. The certificate should not be more than 6 months old.
What are the benefits of getting a Saudi Green Card or privileged iqama?
There will be several benefits available to the one who gets a Green card or privileged iqama. We have also listed them below;
- They will be able to keep his family in Saudi Arabia without paying any dependent fee.
- They will be entitled to bring their family members on a family visit visa
- They will be entitled to apply for a domestic labor visa
- They would be allowed to purchase a property for industrial, trading or residential purpose in every city of Saudi Arabia apart from Makkah and Madina. However, they can obtain a property on a lease of 99 years in Makkah and Madina.
- They will be able to work in private organizations and switch their jobs without going through the transfer of sponsorship procedure. In other words, the government will be their sponsor.
- They will be able to use the immigration counters reserved for Saudis at Saudi Airports.
- They would be able to go out of Saudi Arabia without any exit re-entry visa.
- They can practice commercial activities in line with the regulations for foreign investments
All the above-mentioned benefits will also be available to the dependents of privileged iqama holders. However, they would not be allowed to work in the professions reserved for Saudis.
It is important to mention here that this privileged iqama is like a green card, but it is not a green card. It will not lead to Saudi nationality.
What you are not allowed to do under special privileged iqama?
Though there are several benefits and advantages of the new system, there are still some things which you will not be allowed to do;
- Green Card holding expatriates would not be able to vote in elections
- They would not be able to hold any public office in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- They would not be allowed to enlist in the Saudi Armed Forces
Cancelation of Saudi Green Card or Privileged Iqama
Saudi Green Card or Privileged Iqama can be canceled in any of the following three situations;
- The privileged Iqama will be canceled if the iqama holder is convicted of a crime which leads to 60 days in imprisonment or SR 100,000 fine.
- The Saudi Green Card or privileged iqama will be canceled if the iqama holder is deported under a court's order from Saudi Arabia.
- The privileged Iqama will also be canceled if the data entered in the application to apply for the privileged iqama is found to be incorrect.
Source: Arab News
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.