Table of Contents
Saudi Arabia offers two types of premium residency also called Saudi Green Cards which offers many benefits to its holders.
Types of Saudi Green Cards
There will be two types of premium residency visas;
- 1-year premium residency with an annual cost of SR 100,000.
- Lifetime Saudi Green Card with a one-time fee of SR 800,000.
Requirements for Saudi Green Card
All the below-mentioned required documents must be submitted in English or Arabic to apply for premium residency.
- Saudi Iqama Number if the applicant is in Saudi Arabia or has ever been in the country on an Iqama.
- Bank Statement for the last 2 years.
- Current Address with proof of the National Address Registration.
- Information about wife and children.
- Recent Salary Slip stamped by Chamber of Commerce.
- Personal picture of the applicant and the family.
- Passport Copies of the applicant and his family members.
- Copies of all visas of Saudi Arabia stamped on the applicant’s passport in the last 15 years.
How to Apply for Saudi Green Card?
There are 3 steps to apply for a Saudi Premium Residency Card which have been explained below.
Open the website https://saprc.gov.sa/ and click on the “Register Now” button.
Fill it with your personal information such as name, passport details, email account, etc. After the successful registration, you need to;
- Verify your email address.
- Verify your phone number.
Step 2: Processing the Application.
Login to your account and click on “Request Premium Residency”. Here you need to enter the following;
- Application Information.
- Applicant Information.
- Passport Information.
- Address and Contact.
- Parents Information.
- Spouse Information.
- Children Information.
- Education Information.
- Occupation Information.
- Financial Solvency.
- Travel and Visas.
- General Information.
- Additional Information.
Step 3: Residency Issuance.
Once the application is approved by the government, you will receive an email to make the payment for Saudi Green Card within 30 days of acceptance.
Benefits of Saudi Premium Residency Card
Saudi Green Card holders can;
- Keep their families in Saudi Arabia without paying the dependent fee.
- Apply for a family visit visa for their family members.
- Apply for a Housemaid Visa or a domestic worker visa.
- Purchase a property in Saudi Arabia for industrial, trading or residential purposes in every city of Saudi Arabia apart from Makkah and Madina. However, they can obtain a property on a lease of 99 years in Makkah and Madina.
- Work in private organizations and switch their jobs without going through the transfer of sponsorship procedures.
- They would be able to go out of Saudi Arabia without any exit re-entry visa.
- Use the immigration counters reserved for Saudis.
- They can practice business activities with a SAGIA license.
It is important to mention here that Saudi premium residency is like a green card, but it is not a green card. It will not lead to Saudi nationality.
What is NOT allowed?
Though there are several benefits and advantages of the Saudi Premium residency. A Saudi Green Card Holders would not be able to;
- Vote in elections.
- Hold any public office in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Enlist in the Saudi Armed Forces.
- Work in the professions reserved for Saudis.
Cancelation of Saudi Premium Residency
Saudi Green Card can be canceled in any of the following situations;
- If convicted for more than 60 days or SR 100,000 fine.
- If deported under a court’s order from Saudi Arabia.
- If the data entered in the application to apply for the privileged iqama is found to be incorrect.
Source: Arab News