The 12 great benefits of memorizing the Quran
“The revelation of the Quran is from Allah, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.” (Surah Az-Zumar: verse 27)
Indeed, the Book of Allah is a sign of blessing and Mercy for all mankind.
- Ascend in ranks in the present life and hereafter.
The Prophet (SAWS) said:
“The one who was devoted to the Quran will be told on the Day of Resurrection: ‘Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in Duniya. Your rank will be at the last Ayah you recite.’” (Abu Dawud, Ahmad, and At-Tirmidhi)
Such is the reward of reciting the Quran. And even in their worldly life, a Haafiz Al-Quran is looked upon with much respect and honor. As it is mentioned in this hadith:
The prophet (SAWS) said,
“The one of you who is most versed in the Book of Allah should act as imam for the people.” (Abu Dawud)
- Memorization of the Quran gains you the company of angels and earns great rewards.
The Prophet (SAWS) said,
“Such a person who recites the Quran and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (the angels in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Quran by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have double reward.” (Al Bukhari)
- Memorization of the Quran gains you many good deeds.
Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Prophet (PBUH) said:
“Whoever recites a letter of the book of Allah will be credited with a good deed and a good deed is multiplied into ten. I do not say that the word: Alif Laam Meem is counted as word letter. Rather, Alif is one letter, Laam is one letter and Meem is one letter.
- Memorization of the Quran helps us in gaining protection.
The holy Quran is filled with verses that give us protection from Hell fire, Fitnah of Dajjal, torment of grave, and brings noor or light for us.
- Memorizing the Quran is similar to carrying the Quran in our heart.
“If the Quran was to be gathered inside a vessel (heart), Allah will never punish it with the Hellfire.”
- Memorizing the first ten verses of Surah Al-Kahf protects us from the fitnah of Dajjal.
- Reciting Surah Al-Mulk protects us from the torment of the graves.
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “There is a chapter in the Quran of thirty verses, which will intercede for its companion until he is forgiven: Blessed is He whose Hand is the dominion.”
- Reciting Surah Al-Kahf on Friday illuminates us from one Friday to the next.
“Whoever reads Surah al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah (Friday), a light will be shone for him between the two Fridays”
- Quran memorization makes you earn your position in the people of Allah!
The prophet (SAWS) said:
“Verily, Allah, the Exalted, has people from the mankind, and the people of the Quran are the people of Allah and His chosen ones.” (Ahmed and An-Nisai)
- Reciting and memorizing the Quran helps us by being an intercessor on the Day of Judgment.
Abu Umaamah al-Baahili said:
“I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) say: “Read the Quran, for it will come on the Day of Resurrection interceding for its companions.” (Muslim)
- Memorize the Quran to attain the shade of the Throne of Allah
A sahih Hadith mentions:
The Prophet Muhamad (SAWS) said,
“Seven will Allah give shade to on the Day when there’ll be no shade except His”- and he mentioned from amongst them, “a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah.”
- Quran memorization helps the memorizer in wearing the crown of honor on the Day of Judgment.
The messenger of Allah (SAWS) said,
“The Quran will come on the Day of Judgment and say ‘O Lord, Adorn him.’ So the person will be made to wear the crown of honor. Then it will say, ‘O Lord! Increase him! So the person will be made to wear the garment of honor. Then it will say, ‘O Lord! Be pleased with him.’ So Allah will be pleased with him. Then it will be said, Recite and Ascend’ And the person will receive an extra good deed for every verse (that he recited of the Quran).” (At-Tirmidhi)
- Quran memorization brings honor for his parents as well.
The Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said,
“If anyone recites the Quran and acts according to its contents, on the day of resurrection his parents will be given to wear a crown whose light is better than the light of the sun in the dwellings of this world if it were among you. So what you do, think of him who acts according to it.” (Abu Dawud)
- Quran memorization helps in gaining blessings of Allah SWT.
The Messenger of Allah (SWT) said,
“Whoever Allah intend good for, he gives him the understanding of religion.” (Al-Bukhari)
- Quran memorization makes way to fulfill the ultimate goal- Earn Jannah!
The Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said,
“It will be said to the companion of the Quran when he enters Paradise, ‘Read and rise! And he’ll read and rise for every verse a rank until he reads the last thing with him.” (Dawud)
SubhanAllah! Just imagine memorizing the whole Quran and rising up a rank for every verse.
- Reciting and memorizing the Quran plead the case of the reciter.
The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) said:
“The Quran will be brought on the day of Judgment along with its people who acted according to it. They will be preceded by Surah Al Baqarah and Al Imraan, and these two surah will plead the Case of whoever recited them.” (Muslim)
Isn’t it one of the greatest motivations to learn the Quran online?
“And We have certainly made the Quran easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?” (Al-Qamar: 17)
Memorize Quran online to attain maximum benefits in worldly life as well as hereafter and also earn lots of good deeds and rewards!