7 easy and legal ways to overcome dependent’s fee while living in Saudi Arabia

The dependent’s fee has been imposed on almost all categories of employees living in Saudi Arabia with a few exceptions. The foreigners residing here are to pay a dependent fee of SR 100 per dependent monthly. This fee will experience an increase of SR 100 every year till 2020. This means from July 2018; Expats have to pay a fee of SR 200 per month for each dependent. This is economically viable for the country but indeed is a great burden for those who are shall be liable to pay. Giving away money isn’t easy at all; it is a huge burden on pocket. But, worry not. We are here with those 6 legal tricks that will help the expats to overcome the burden of Expat dependent fee. Recommended: Procedure to pay Dependent’s Fee for Iqama Renewal

Also Read:  What will we (Saudis) do when expatriates leave the Kingdom?

Undertake a job in Government sector: For those who are desperate for avoiding the dependent fee shall look for a job in the government sector. The government sector employees are not liable to pay the expat dependent fee. Also, if one is under the government sponsorship, he is exempted from the fees. The government sector jobs might be difficult to find, but go for a little struggle as the government shall be imposing a fee amounting SR 300 (at minimum) on employees by 2018. So, expats find government jobs and enjoy a dependent fee-free life with additional perks! Recommended: 7 Categories of Expatriates who are exempt from Dependent’s Fee

Ask your employer to pay for it: Many legal experts and people who are mastering in labor law issues are coming up with an opinion that the newly imposed dependent’s fee is the responsibility of the employer under some conditions. If you have some terms in your contract, you can legally ask your employer to pay for the dependent’s fee. We have explained it further in the following link. Recommended: Dependent’s fee is the responsibility of the employers, if… – legal experts

Ask your landlord to reduce the house rent: One can have a negotiation with their landlords to reduce the house rent. This is not impossible. People on social media have reported that they had a successful negotiation with their landlords: landlords have decreased rent by SR 4000 to 5000. This way you won’t feel the burden of the dependent fee!

Move into a house which has a lower rent: By saving on the rent, you can easily overcome the burden of the dependent fee. If your current landlord does not negotiate over rent, find a house that has a lower rent and resides there. There are loads of places out there that demand low rent. Also, there are locations that are economically viable i.e. they provide facilities at cheaper rates. This way you can save money to overcome the burden of the dependent fee.

House Sharing: House sharing can help save money. The house rent can be divided among the residents. So, those foreigners who are residing in spacious houses and are worried because of the dependent fee can let someone share their house. They can charge a rent and use that money to pay off the dependent fee.

Send the family to their country: Sending your family to their country will help you avoid the dependent fee. The family can reside in their home country. Many of the expatriates who oversaw the expenses have already deported their families back home.

Also Read:  Procedure to pay Dependent’s Fee using Internet Banking

Alternate income source: Look up for a legal alternate source of income in the kingdom and earn money to pay the fee. Recommended: How to Earn Money Online in Saudi Arabia?

  • Abu Isa

    I have a question if I travel alone do I still have to pay the dependant fee?

  • Namirah

    yes that is for certain, and probably any transaction involving absher, will require you to pay dependents fee .
    i suggest you pay dependents fee now rather than your iqama renewal.

    i am adding my baby under my iqama, i am told to pay his dependent fee before they will process it, additionally i payed my wife’s dependent fee, even though 2 people said its not required now.

    my suggestion is to pay dependent fee before you do your iqama renewal, otherwise you will at that time , pay from july 17 untill your iqama expiry date + your new iqama years valid time. that becomes a bit too much to pay in single shot, if you pay now , you can split this amount .

  • You don’t have to pay dependent’s fee to issue your exit re-entry visa.

  • Justine

    Dear sir,
    I am Justine Antony,my final exit done in 06/07/2017 and I have to exit before 04/09/2017 as on exit paper, and my iqama expired on 11/07/2017.
    I am planning to go 22/08/2017.as some delays of payments.
    Is there any problem or any fine will charge at airpor if I stay after iqama expired?
    Please advise me

  • Justine

    Dear sir,
    I am Justine Antony, my final exit is done on 06/07/2027 and I have to exit before on 04/09/2017.
    My iqama expired on 11/07/2017.
    I am planning to exit on 22/08/2017 as some delay of payments.
    Is there any problem or any fine will charge at airport if i stay after my iqama expiry date?please advise me.

  • yousuf

    Dear Steve,
    I have a question. I am a student under my father sponsorship. I just got an admission for postgraduate studies abroad. So, is that possible for me to get an Exit visa for the length of one year? I heard through Abshir one can only able to get 6 months exit visa?

  • Jaime Jr Prado Remogat

    good day Steve….can you help me….i have an inquiry…may family will be leaving KSA this coming august 30, 2017 they have already a FINAL EXIT VISA.. since i dont have an annual vacation yet..i filed my vacation to go with them…but my company cannot give me exit re entry visa because they said I need to renew my iqama first…the expiration is 24/03/1439..if I renew my iqama maybe I will pay again the dependent fee for the duration of my iqama..can you answer my inquiry..thanks

error: Content is protected !!