Procedure to Cancel Permanent Family Visa in Saudi Arabia

If you want to bring your family to Saudi Arabia on Iqama, you will have to apply for the Permanent Family Visa. In order to apply for a Permanent family visa from Saudi Arabia, you need to follow a certain procedure, fulfill certain requirements. This procedure has been explained in detail in the link provided at the end of this paragraph. In this article, we will explain the procedure you need to follow to cancel the permanent family visa issued by the Istiqdam or Online Portal through MOI. Recommended: Apply for Permanent Family Visa through Istiqdam[irp]

You need to take a letter from your sponsor addressed to the Jawazat officer mentioning the reason you need to cancel your permanent family visa. This letter needs to be authenticated by the Chamber of Commerce as well. Recommended: 6 Important Points about Attestation from the Chamber of Commerce

You need another letter from your employer stating that you are currently working there. It is generally called Introduction Letter. Employer states name, iqama number, profession, date of birth and iqama expiry date on this letter. This letter also needs to be authenticated by the Chamber of Commerce.

Don’t forget to carry your original iqama and a copy of Iqama, Passport and Visa issued online or Yellow slip issued by Istiqdam.

Now you need to locate the office where you need to go to cancel your permanent family visa. In Riyadh, it is on the same road where Burj-Al Faisal is located. Because there are two three offices with the same name, you need to look for the expatriate affairs office. الادارة العامة لشؤون الوافدين[irp]

After entering the building, you can seek assistance from the security guards standing on the doors about the counter you need to go for this purpose. Please note that visa will only be canceled from this office. No other way to cancel.

  • mohammad aziz

    Does anyone know what will happen if we dont do this? After 1 year the yellow slip expires. After that can I apply for new family visa or not? Please advice

  • padz

    same problem here.

  • mohammad aziz

    Bother if in ur abseer system its showing valid. The visa is still valid. THIS IS CONFIRMED. Some family visas are for 2 years

  • padz

    how to cancel this brother? i took a family visa for my son and wife. my wife is under his father iqama, my son is under me. in my absher, the visa of my wife still showing valid, is there anyway to just cancel it?

  • Zahid

    Where is the office for jeddah where can we cancel family visa.. i go to istikdam and manager said it will automatically cancelled after one year so i will not get my money back.
    Please provide the office location/name where i can cancel visa n get my money back.
    Thank you

  • Muhammad Ali

    Dear All my visa is going to expire on 6/6/17 but due to some reason i cannot process the documents but want to extend the visa need help in this regard

  • Muhammad Ali

    Dear All i have issued family permanent visa for my wife on 8/3/17 send to pakistan for stamping but due to some reason i cannot stamp in pakistan as visa well be expire on 6/6/17 but want to extend is it possible if yes what should i do next need help in this regard

  • Gaza

    Assalamualykum brother Steve,

    I visited the MOI office you mentioned in this blog, i took a letter from my current employer addressed to MOI but they are saying that it should be addressed to Prince Nayef, Minister of Interior. How ever my HR manager refused to issue such letter. Please advice me what to do now.

  • Shani Baba

    is it necessary to cancel the permanent family visa in case of any reason