Saudi Arabia has strict rules against people involved in dealing with narcotics and drugs. The Saudi government has zero tolerance for the people, who deal with drugs or narcotics, smuggle it, use it or involved with it in any other way. There are several disadvantages of using drugs or narcotics on the body, human behavior and ultimately in the social circles. Using does not only destroy your health but also your family circles. In the below lines, we will be explaining about the punishment to the smuggler, dealer, and user of the drugs and narcotics. Be careful, penalties may reach up to the sentence of death.
Narcotics Smuggler: The harshest penalty is upon the persons involved in the smuggling of drugs or narcotics. The penalty for the smuggler of drugs or narcotics is sentenced to death. A person who illegally brings the drugs or narcotics from some other country to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is considered Smuggler. The person who receives narcotics and distributes it to the dealers is also treated to be a smuggler.
Dealer: The treatment for the person who deals in drugs or narcotics for the first time is different from the person who has already been convicted due to this offense. For the first-time offender, punishment is imprisonment, lashing or financial fine or all. For the repeat offenders, punishment is increased and the involved person may be sentenced to death.
User: The minimum penalty under Saudi Narcotics Law is for the narcotics user. Saudi Citizen is jailed two years and punished according to the judge’s decision. If anyone is caught using Flakka drugs will be imprisoned for about a period of two years which is a minimum period and it can be extended to up to five years. Fifty whip lashes and a heavy fine is imposed which is in between SR3,000 and SR 30,000. If the offender is an expatriate, he will immediately deport from Kingdom after the prison term.
Special Treatment for convicted students: Narcotics Law of Saudi Arabia excludes the students living in Saudi Arabia from the punishment mentioned above. Their treatment is limited to disciplining and monitoring them. To benefit from this exclusion from punishment, the following conditions must be met:
- Age must not exceed 20 years
- Student must be a regular student of school or college
- He should be only a drugs or narcotics user. He should not be drugs or narcotics smuggler or dealer.
- He should not be involved in any other crime but using drugs or narcotics.
- He should not have been convicted of any other criminal activity.
- The offense should not be associated with other ethical crimes.
- Using drug should not result in any traffic accident causing death or injuries.
- The student must not be a professional driver.
- The student should not have resisted the arrest to the Police.
- The term of jail for student never exceeds three months or 50 lashes.