Procedure to Apply for Exit Re-Entry Visa Online

If somebody asks about the most beneficial step taken by the Saudi Arabian government for the expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, it is the introduction of electronic systems in the government departments. Now everyone has access electronically to their accounts through which they can make applications online and check the online status of their applications. Earlier, it used to take at least one day to apply for exit re-entry visa as you had to visit Jawazat office. We have explained step by step process of applying for exit and re-entry visa online.

Open account for Abshir Services in Ministry of Interior website. We have already explained the procedure to open account for Abshir Services in one article “Register for Abshir Services

You need to deposit the fee of exit re-entry visa. Now the process of payment of the fee for exit re-entry visa has become very easy. Detailed process has been explained in this article, “Payment of Fee for Exit Re-Entry Visa“. The fee for the exit re-entry visa is SR 200 for up to 2 months and SR 100 for each additional month. The fee for exit re-entry visa of 7 months is SR 700.

At this point of time, you will have to pay the dependent's fee. If you don’t pay the fee, a message will appear that you don’t have sufficient funds even if you have paid the fee for exit re-entry visa. We have explained the procedure to pay the dependent’s fee in this link. If exit re-entry visa has already been issued, nobody will ask you to pay dependent's fee at the airport. However, there is no need to pay dependent's fee for the head of the family exit re-entry visa. Your sponsor can issue your exit re-entry visa without payment of your dependent's fee. Recommended: Procedure to pay Dependent’s Fee for Iqama Renewal

Dependent's Fee for Sponsorees: Unfortunately, there is no option in SADAD banking to pay the dependent's fee for sponsorees. Sponsorees are those people who are registered under your Iqama but they are not your dependents. For example, if your mother, father or sister or housemaid is registered under your Iqama, they are your sponsorees. In order to pay the dependent's fee for sponsorees, you need to calculate the amount of dependent's fee using the equation given below and pay it as if you are paying Fee for Single Exit Re-Entry Visa. Let's say if the dependent's fee is SR 800 and you want to issue exit re-entry visa for 2 months, you need to pay the Fee for Single Exit Re-Entry Visa for 10 months (800+200).

Login to your Abshir account on Ministry of Interior website and click on the “Dashboard” tab on the upper side of the screen

The dashboard on your MOI account will be opened. Now you need to locate “Dependents” tab in it. Once you find “dependents” tab, just click on the “More Details” button as shown in the below screenshot.[irp]

A new window will appear on your computer screen containing details of all your dependents. You need to locate the dependent for which you want to apply for Exit Re-Entry Visa. Once you are there, just click on the “More Detail” as shown in the below screenshot. A drop down screen will appear containing details of the dependent. You can see if Passport Deposit is appearing there. If it is not appearing, you cannot proceed to issue exit re-entry visa. Click on the “Issue Visa” button.[irp]

A new screen will appear containing terms and conditions of the exit re-entry visa. You need to agree to the terms and conditions stated here. We have explained these terms below;

  • Visa holder will have to travel within 3 months of issuing the visa. If he does not travel, a fine will be imposed. So, if your program of going abroad is changed, you should cancel your exit re-entry visa. There is no charge of canceling exit re-entry visa. However, if you don’t cancel it within the validity of the visa, a fine of SR 1,000 is imposed.
  • If your family member has renewed the passport, new passport details would not be appearing on the MOI website. In such case, you need to contact Mandoob of your company to do “Naqal Maloomat” (Information Transfer)
  • If a mother has some children under her passport, all the children will also have to travel.
  • The passport must be valid for at least 3 months at the time of applying for exit re-entry visa.

There are two options; you can either select the number of days or the date before which the traveler must come back. We would suggest here that you select the second option which is “Return before”. The date which you will enter here will be 1 days before the date of expiry of Iqama. It will give you maximum time. If all the details mentioned are correct, you can confirm the issuance of exit re-entry visa.

You can see in the attached screenshot that the amount of exit re-entry visa for 2 months is SR 1,170. i.e. SR 970 for Dependent's fee and SR 200 for exit re-entry visa for 60 days.[irp]

Although it is not required to print visa since no one on the Saudi airports demand it. But you should take a hard copy along with passport. If you don’t carry the hard copy, you may have to face some problems while coming back from your country. Immigration officers in your country may ask for the hard copy. However, you can check the status of exit re-entry visa online and show it to immigration officer if you have internet access on your mobile phone. Recommended: Check Status of Exit Re-Entry Visa Online

Important Conditions to Apply for Exit Re-Entry Visa Online

  • Sponsor and Dependents status should not be dead, reported as absent or has Istiqdam violation
  • All traffic violations against Dependents or sponsor must be paid.
  • Sponsor or Dependents does not have any earlier issued Visa cancellation penalty
  • Dependents has no (Previous) Valid Visas
  • Dependents should be present in the Kingdom at the time of issuance of ER Visa
  • Dependents Passport Validity should be equal or greater than 90 days
  • Return before date can be same or less than the Iqama expiry date
  • Iqama validity should be equal or greater than (Visa duration +90 days) for “duration in days option “
  • In the case of “Return date option” the selected date is the last date of return to Saudi Arabia.
  • The Gregorian date will be considered if there is a difference with Hijri Date.
  • Fingerprint Enrollment status should be present for all Male Dependents above the age of 18
  • Mohammed Rizwan

    Dear Javeed,
    Once your dependents leave saudi arabia, then count 180days from that date.

  • Mohammed Rizwan

    Dear Abi,
    Its true that, if you have any pending fines, bills on your Iqama, then the system dosent allow you to issue Exit Reentry visa.
    Pay your all pending fines or bills to issue exit reentry visa.

  • San

    Single exit reentry visa need any stamping or seal?
    Please help me.

  • Mona Ufra Shaik

    Hi Steve !
    I have an issue for which I need help ! My husband needs to renew his iqama and the dependants are me and my baby ! Apparently v aren’t provided by insurance from his company so I’m without an insurance since 2 months ! Now I have found a job and they are ready to give me a visa from India ! So for that I will take exit and my baby will go exit and reentry ! But when my husband applied for it , it asks to renew iqama ! His iqama expires in October! Now the main thing is can my husband apply for exit for me and renew his iqama when I’m within the kingdom ??

  • محمد زكي أحمد

    If you want to pay the fee for single exit reentry visa, it will take 600 SAR, irrespective of visa duration. for confirmation plz chk through your account

  • Edcel F. Mesa

    Hi sir is this computerized online . Exit visa. Are not questionable when I arrive in my country? Without the hard copy of my exit visa? Pls . Reply sir my flight will be on november3 2016. Thank u sir

  • Shadab

    try from riyad bank. it shows duration

  • Shadab

    did u get one year visa from jawazat ??
    i shall go tomorrow and check with jawazat

  • Shadab

    hamid, are u on ur father’s sponsor visa or ur own iqama??? pls explain how u got online 1 year visa ??

  • hamid

    I am on father sponsor visa.

  • (((Momin .A. Ali)))

    dear sir,
    kindly please explain me if i want my family member one year exit re entry visa how many riyal i need to pay on there iqama and how to apply.


  • hamid

    My sponsor is my father and I also have iqama.

  • Mohamed Nasir

    please let me know that if i m going on vacation for 100 days , how much i have to pay for Exit Re-Entry Visa Fee ?

  • Ali

    Hello friends,
    Just for my information I would like to know, If i could go back to my home country on an exit re-entry visa with an unpaid STC bill and an unpaid car installment (just one month due).
    As I am in a tight financial position right now, i will pay the dues after I return from my vacation.

  • zaim khan


  • Tauqir Hussain

    In Riyadh, it is on Malik Fahad road.

  • I love KSA

    Did u make exit entry for 1 year for the dependent? How did u do? Can u please explain?

  • Abhijit

    There are two options; you can either select the number of days or the date before which the traveler must come back. We would suggest here that you select the second option which is “Return before”. The date which you will enter here will be 1 days before the date of expiry of Iqama. It will give you maximum time. If all the details mentioned are correct, you can confirm the issuance of exit re-entry visa.
    When you enter exit Re entry dates it should be 90 days before expiry of iqama. And not 1 day as described here

  • Abbas

    Hello there,

    I want to apply for exit re entry visa but its showing me that there is not sufficient balance even though I have submitted the fees online. I know that this is because of the associate fees that I need to pay. Kindly advise what expiry date do I need to put on the bank website for paying this fee? Keeping in mind that the issue date of my Iqama is 22/07/1438 and I will be traveling out of the kingdom for 39 days.

    Your quick response will be highly appreciated.


  • Shahid

    Can you please explain the number of days option in exit re entry visa. When the duration is starting the time i leave KSA or the time when in issue the visa, Thank you for your responce

  • Shahid

    Any quick help or information will be appreciated

  • Michelle V. Lacuesta

    Good day. Im planning to have my vacation this oct 30 2017. My passport will expires january 3 2018. Is it possible that i will be granted exit reentry visa? I need your answer pls. Thanks inadvance!

  • Thilina Rajinda

    Is that Stamped Exit visa document required prior to fly from kingdom for the Family visit visa holders?

  • No such documentation is required.

  • Thilina Rajinda

    Thanks a lot for your kind & immediate respond.!