Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife in Saudi Arabia

We have explained in detail in one article about getting married in Saudi Arabia. Once you got married, you need to get the sponsorship of your wife transferred to your name. We presume that the sponsorship of your wife is in her father’s name. If you got married in Saudi Arabia and your wife is a working lady whose sponsor is her employer, there is no need to get it transferred. In fact, if you will get a transfer, it will be a violation of the Saudi Labor Law.You can also transfer sponsorship of your wife if you got married in your home country but both your wife and you are iqama holders. In that case, you need to have marriage certificate attested by the Saudi Embassy of the country where your marriage took place. Recommended: Procedure to Attest Marriage Certificate for Saudi Arabia

  • Documents Required for the Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife: 2 passport size photos of wife
  • NOC from the father of wife signed in front of officer in passport office (You will get the format from passport office)
  • A copy of the marriage agreement (this is the stamped copy you have received from the court when you registered your marriage.)
  • Original Passport and Iqama of wife
  • Original Iqama of Husband
  • Copy of Iqama of Husband, Wife, and Father
  • Print out of the fee (SR 2,000/-) deposited online. The procedure of payment of fee is explained in this link “Payment of Fee for Transfer of Wife’s Sponsorship

Process for the Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife: First, you along with your father in law have to go to passport office (Jawazat).

Just in front of passport office, you will see numerous Saudi agents sitting with their computers and small tables. You need to go to any of them and tell him about the purpose of your visit.

They will give you two forms to fill. You should ask them to fill the forms for you. One of these forms is NOC from Father’s side which needs to be signed by the father in front of passport officer. The second form is an application for the transfer of sponsorship. He will take the documents from you and staple them all together. You need to sign the application form. This agent will charge you around SR 20 – 50 for this work.

If you have not deposited the fee, you can ask this guy to do this on your behalf. He will charge you like SR 20 for this and give you a printout.

This agent will tell you about the office where you need to go with the NOC. In this office, father of the wife will show his Iqama to the officer and sign in his presence. After this, he can leave the place as his work is done. If your father in law lives in some other city, he may fill this form and sign it in front of the Jawazat official and send it to you through courier. You would be able to proceed for the transfer of sponsorship based upon this document which is stamped by Jawazat official.

Husband will go to another window about which some people from the Jawazat can guide him. Here you will be in a queue and on your turn you will have to submit all these documents on the window.

After submitting the documents, you need to go to another window to get the print of your iqama.

There are many offices of Jawazat in main cities like Jeddah and Riyadh. You can also go to any of these offices in order to get the print out of Iqama. Normally the main office remains very much crowded; this is why I would suggest you go to the other offices.

It is important to mention here that the cost of renewal of your iqama will be SR 1150 per annum if your wife is locally transferred to your Iqama. The normal cost of renewal of Iqama is only SR 650.

  • jj

    we have done process in 2014 March procedure is as follows:-
    1) Get demand letter from your husbands sponsor and submit it along with resignation
    2) Get NOC papers to jawasat of your husbands location from minstry office that you work. In my case ministry issued 3 papers, one to labour office, jawasat and to my company. but i used only jawasat letter
    3) after getting this papers collect your iqama and passport
    4) fill jawasat naqala kafala paper, pay 2000 SAr fees in SADAD and go to naqala kafala office
    5) one police man will check you application and marriage certificate and stamp
    6) wait in next quee and it will take 5 minites to get iqama

    more details email me [email protected]

  • Ace khan

    Salam Walikum All,

    I would like to know if my wife is under her father sponsorship and i want to get her under my name do i have to first get our National identity cards changed as in martial status to Married and include my name on it and as well as on passport.


  • Shehla Ibrar

    Dear Steve,
    first this blog is very useful thanks.
    I Recently resigned and my hospital already gave me NOC letter for the transfer of my sponsorship back to my husband. I followed the procedure listed here, although I am confused about the transfer fee.
    one place you mentioned that transfer fees for the wife is 2000 irrespective of the number of transfers. whereas other place its listed as 4000 for the second transfer.
    kindly guide me. I Shall be very thankful to you for this.

  • Shehla Ibrar

    salam mr faisal,
    can you please explain the procedure along with the fees you paid?
    thanks in advance

  • Faisal

    yes the procedure is not difficult but not many ppl know about the right path. actually the important thing is that NOC from your employer and the NOC from the new kafeel (your husband). His company will issue a letter stating that they have no issues with the transfer of wife under his sponsorship and that needs to be attested from chamber of commerce. while the letter from you employer also needs to be chambered if the employer is in private sector. then pay the fees i.e 2000 SAR if it is the first transfer. In case you already have changed employer then the fees will be 4000 SAR as it will be counted as 2nd transfer. then take the fees receipt along with all the documents, iqamas and passports to Jawazat office and fill the application form for change of sponsorship. give theses documents to officer from jawazat and he will give you the new iqama within 5 minutes.
    That’s the procedure that i followed and successfully transfered my wife’s iqama.

  • Shehla Ibrar

    ,THANKS a lot you reply. can you please guide that how much I have to pay. like I was first on my husband iqama/visa and then I transferred to hospital and now I recently resigned and I want to transfer back to my husband iqama..
    is this transfer counted as second transfer?

  • Faisal

    i think in ur case the charges will be counted as second transfer hence the charges will be 4000 but you can check that through you online banking as well, it will be from head of family to dependent. you can also confirm it from jawazat office in r city.
    if you need anything else let me know then.
    good luck

  • Nair

    Thanks Faisal, great info, My case is the same case of Shehla, My wife and 2 children was under my sponsorship, 2 years back she moved to another company sponsorship, but children remain in my sponsorship,
    now she has been terminated and I would like to move her to under my sponsorship. Shehla please update me how the things work with you ..Thanks

  • Nair

    Thanks Faisal, great info, My case is the same case of Shehla, My wife and 2 children was under my sponsorship, 2 years back she moved to another company sponsorship, but children remain in my sponsorship,
    now she has been terminated and I would like to move her to under my sponsorship. Shehla please update me how the things work with you ..Thanks

  • Mohammed

    dear steve,
    i am getting married next month in ksa . i want to transfer my wife under my sponsorship. my profession on iqama is building technician and i have a degree in electronics engg. i want to know will it be an issue if i want to transfer my wifes iqama under my name with this profession?

  • Osama Hameed

    Dear Faisal

    I have to pay 2000 to trnafer my wofe from her father to my sponsership. How to pay the fee. I know I have to pay through online bank but should I write her iqama number or my iqama number to pay fee.

  • Bijith

    Dear Steve
    I am working in KSA with a reputed company. I have bring my wife here as dependent visa.Later on she got a job in private hospital and changed to their sponsorship now working as a Staff Nurse.
    Now my company has winding up their business in ksa and they are ready to give release.
    Now the grace period will be over and I did not find any job.
    So my question is can I take release to under my wife’s sponsorship.
    If I find job can be take release again.

  • Fatima Khan

    I am an expact living here in Saudi Arabia. My iqama is valid and on the sponsorship of my father. I won’t be able to transfer it to my Husband’s Iqama after getting married as my husband’s salary is less than 3500. I need your guidance in this issue and Need someone who can take my sponsorship

  • Ashraf

    Dear Steve
    As you mentioned above no need to transfer wife iqama from father if she is working lady in that case how can I register my baby iqama on my sponsorship because first thing is to transfer my wife iqama on my name than my child become under my dependancy as visa officer not accepted to make my child iqama until she will become under my dependancy, I am very much thankful to you if you give a solution for this Thanks.

  • Zoyu Aseem

    Assalmualaikum even my problem is the same if u r out of this problem plz tell me the answer we r married in our country in ksa i am on my fathers iqama can i get trnsfer on my husbands iqama

error: Content is protected !!